Lemon Pledge

Old June 15th 04, 08:54 PM
Gerry Preston

Default Lemon Pledge

Ok, guys, Lemon Pledge has been increasingly hard to find around
here. So I emailed the company to find a local supplier. The
reply is copied below. Obviously, we have to find another
product to clean bugs from the windshield and leading edges.
Suggestions?

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Lemon PLEDGEŽ Trigger Spray
Polish. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

SC Johnson has decided to stop producing this product. Although
there may be product still available in stores, it will become
increasingly difficult to find as inventory is depleted. I'm
sorry for this disappointing news. Please be assured your
interest in Lemon PLEDGEŽ Trigger Spray Polish will be shared
with the appropriate people in our company.

Although we don't have an alternate recommendation, we appreciate
your interest in our products. I'm sending you a complimentary
coupon for you to try one of our other PLEDGEŽ products. We hope
you will enjoy using this coupon.

If you have future comments or product information needs, we
invite you to visit or e-mail us again at www.scjbrands.com.

Sincerely,

Stephanie M.

Consumer Resource Center
SC Johnson, A Family Company
Toll Free Number: 1-800-558-5252

Old June 15th 04, 09:08 PM
Jay Honeck

Ok, guys, Lemon Pledge has been increasingly hard to find around here.
So I emailed the company to find a local supplier. The
reply is copied below.

Dear Gerry,

Thank you for your e-mail regarding Lemon PLEDGEŽ Trigger Spray
Polish. We always appreciate hearing from our consumers.

SC Johnson has decided to stop producing this product.

Gaahh! No kidding?

Now THIS is a crisis! I'll be emailing my connections in S.C. Johnson
(based in my home town) shortly.

I KNEW we'd be screwed when old Sam Johnson passed away... He was a great
friend of aviation, and was probably keeping that production line going
exclusively for pilots.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 15th 04, 09:37 PM
Marco Leon

I've been looking for the trigger spray up here in Long Island, NY for
YEARS. No luck. What's wrong with the aerosol spray version? Does it leave a
film? Or is it just to be environmentally correct??

Marco

http://www.usenet.com
Old June 15th 04, 10:53 PM
Rosspilot

I've been looking for the trigger spray up here in Long Island, NY for
YEARS. No luck. What's wrong with the aerosol spray version? Does it leave a
film? Or is it just to be environmentally correct??

I think it's to avoid being environmentally expensive. G

www.Rosspilot.com

Old June 15th 04, 11:19 PM
Jay Honeck

I've been looking for the trigger spray up here in Long Island, NY for
YEARS. No luck. What's wrong with the aerosol spray version? Does it leave

film? Or is it just to be environmentally correct??

It comes out atomized so small, it's almost like a foam rather than a
liquid.

As a foam I find it doesn't clean as well, is harder to wipe off, and leaves
a film behind that the pump spray doesn't.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old June 16th 04, 12:06 AM
James Blakely

I thought that Lemon Pledge was used by motorcyclists to clean plastic as
well. I'm sure that there are more motorcyclists then there are pilots, so
maybe we should get them involved.

Jay - I thought you were an avid motorcyclist.

Old June 16th 04, 02:14 AM
EDR

How about if they just sell us a bottle of Lemon Pledge, no aerosol, no
trigger sprayer. Just a plain bottle of Lemon Pledge so we can pour it
directly onto the windscreen or a rag.
Old June 16th 04, 02:19 AM
Jay Masino

Jay Honeck wrote:
I KNEW we'd be screwed when old Sam Johnson passed away... He was a great
friend of aviation, and was probably keeping that production line going
exclusively for pilots.

Although, I used pledge for years, I've found that the FlightJacket stuff
from AeroShell actually works A LOT better than Pledge on plexiglass. I'm
not sure what the price difference is... I've been using several promo
bottles I was given (and I still have a half bottle of Pledge).

For the rest of the plane, I believe that several car wax manufacturers
sell pump spray liquid wax. I've used the turtle wax pump spray with
great results.

--
__!__
Jay and Teresa Masino ___(_)___
Old June 16th 04, 03:11 AM
Greg Hopp

It comes out atomized so small, it's almost like a foam rather than a
liquid.

As a foam I find it doesn't clean as well, is harder to wipe off, and leaves
a film behind that the pump spray doesn't.

I used the cans of Pledge and it did a pretty good job. Definitely
made the bugs easier to wipe off. I just switched to Protect-All,
which is found in the RV section of WalMart. It is a pump product.
I've put four coats on the leading edges now and it does at least as
good a job as Pledge.

The trick is to get a wet rag as soon as possible after the plane is
tied down and wipe down the LE's. Then reapply Protect-All as needed.
I'm trying to build up a coating of the stuff. It does make your
LE's slippery, that's for sure.

Greg H.
Cols, OH
N4691X