Naval Aviation News

Old May 13th 05, 01:20 AM
Jim

Default Naval Aviation News

Has Grampaw Pettibone put in his retirement papers? Or is the staff at
Naval Aviation News all on leave. The "current" edition is shown as
November December 2004.

Seriously, this is one publication I truly enjoyed over the years. Do
our present leaders consider the wisdom shared to be of less value today
than of previous times?

Old May 13th 05, 08:40 AM

That makes me angry, too. But I don't think those people at NANews are
to blame.

I think that is all the current administration, and their "obsession on
secrecy".

Jacek Zemlo

Old May 13th 05, 11:30 AM
Thomas Schoene

Jim wrote:
Has Grampaw Pettibone put in his retirement papers? Or is the staff
at Naval Aviation News all on leave. The "current" edition is shown
as November December 2004.

Seriously, this is one publication I truly enjoyed over the years. Do
our present leaders consider the wisdom shared to be of less value
today than of previous times?

Have you consdered calling the phone numbers listed? There's a chance that
they're simply behind in posting the online versions. I know from hard
experience that it can take an unreasonably long time to move something
through the bureaucracy and get it up on an official Navy server.

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when
wrong to be put right." - Senator Carl Schurz, 1872

Old May 14th 05, 12:10 AM
Mike Weeks

Jim wrote:
Has Grampaw Pettibone put in his retirement papers? Or is the staff

at
Naval Aviation News all on leave.

Surely it's realized that there are fewer folks working for the mag.
then in the past.

The "current" edition is shown as
November December 2004.

That's on the net. That's not the case in hardcopy.

Seriously, this is one publication I truly enjoyed over the years.

Do
our present leaders consider the wisdom shared to be of less value

today
than of previous times?

If you'd help out in a small way and subscribe ... g

Mike

Old May 14th 05, 12:35 AM
Jim

Mike Weeks wrote:
Jim wrote:

Has Grampaw Pettibone put in his retirement papers? Or is the staff

at

Naval Aviation News all on leave.

Surely it's realized that there are fewer folks working for the mag.
then in the past.

The "current" edition is shown as
November December 2004.

That's on the net. That's not the case in hardcopy.

Seriously, this is one publication I truly enjoyed over the years.

Do

our present leaders consider the wisdom shared to be of less value

today

than of previous times?

If you'd help out in a small way and subscribe ... g

Mike

With my luck I'd subscribe then they'd announce closure. Much like
after I bought a house while attached to NAS Albany.
Old May 14th 05, 04:51 AM
Mike Weeks

Jim wrote:

With my luck I'd subscribe then they'd announce closure. Much like
after I bought a house while attached to NAS Albany.

And I just renewed ...