A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » General Aviation
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Tcas

Old August 9th 10, 06:15 AM

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Jul 2010
Default Tcas

Hey everyone!

Since I received great feedback from you all about a headset, I figured I would ask another question regarding a TCAS system. I'm sure you all have heard about the various GA plane crashes that have taken place in the last year. These events bring me to my question. I am shopping for a portable TCAS system to put in the aircraft that I will be flying. I was wondering which one is the best? I've been shopping around for deals and I've found quite a few but i do not know which one to buy. Thanks for any information!!

-Jessica
Old September 16th 10, 09:59 PM
Banned

First recorded activity by AviationBanter: Sep 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Stanley View Post
Hey everyone!

Since I received great feedback from you all about a headset, I figured I would ask another question regarding a TCAS system. I'm sure you all have heard about the various GA plane crashes that have taken place in the last year. These events bring me to my question. I am shopping for a portable TCAS system to put in the aircraft that I will be flying. I was wondering which one is the best? I've been shopping around for deals and I've found quite a few but i do not know which one to buy. Thanks for any information!!

-Jessica
You should look into Zaon systems. They sell 2 models. The XRX and the MRX. The MRX basically shows you distance and altitude. The XRX will also show you direction, and has the ability to interface with several different Garmin and other 3rd party products. We've been selling them for years and they have had great reviews. Let me know if you have questions about how they work.

Neil