New layout for OLC?

Old March 23rd 18, 04:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default New layout for OLC?

I made my first glider flight since the change over and I immediately
pressed a button for the old format.Â* Now that I'm interested in playing
with the new format, it's not apparent, to me at least, how to switch back.

On 3/22/2018 3:04 PM, Dave Springford wrote:
I'm using Firefox when I see 2 or 3 flights on the page. I tried with IE and can see 5 flights, but still no where near what was visible in the 2.0 layout.

Still don't like it - not one bit.

--
Dan, 5J
Old March 23rd 18, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

On Friday, March 23, 2018 at 10:52:57 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
I made my first glider flight since the change over and I immediately
pressed a button for the old format.Â* Now that I'm interested in playing
with the new format, it's not apparent, to me at least, how to switch back.

On 3/22/2018 3:04 PM, Dave Springford wrote:
I'm using Firefox when I see 2 or 3 flights on the page. I tried with IE and can see 5 flights, but still no where near what was visible in the 2..0 layout.

Still don't like it - not one bit.

--
Dan, 5J

Dan,
To revert back to the future (newer version) replace the "3" in the URL to "3". Worked for me. Cut and paste:
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3..../userlist.html
Old March 23rd 18, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

On Friday, March 23, 2018 at 11:46:53 AM UTC-5, Duster wrote:
On Friday, March 23, 2018 at 10:52:57 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
I made my first glider flight since the change over and I immediately
pressed a button for the old format.Â* Now that I'm interested in playing
with the new format, it's not apparent, to me at least, how to switch back.

On 3/22/2018 3:04 PM, Dave Springford wrote:
I'm using Firefox when I see 2 or 3 flights on the page. I tried with IE and can see 5 flights, but still no where near what was visible in the 2.0 layout.

Still don't like it - not one bit.

--
Dan, 5J

Dan,
To revert back to the future (newer version) replace the "3" in the URL to "3". Worked for me. Cut and paste:
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3..../userlist.html

....ahem, I meant replace the "2" in the URL address with "3"
https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3..../userlist.html
Old March 23rd 18, 05:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, March 23, 2018 at 11:52:57 AM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:
I made my first glider flight since the change over and I immediately
pressed a button for the old format.Â* Now that I'm interested in playing
with the new format, it's not apparent, to me at least, how to switch back.

I've had the opposite experience, in that the "2" does not stick, and even had URLs with an explicit "2" show up in the "3" page format. I've also have mixed success in seeing the map of a specific flight in the 3.0 format in my browser, it shows the rest of the info in the page, but not the map. Clicking the "revert to 2.0" button on the page does go to the old format and the map then shows.

Old March 24th 18, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Saturday, March 24, 2018 at 11:01:22 AM UTC-4, wrote:
If we can get the owners of Glideport.aero to publish points for each flight I think that OLC will become obsolete.
The graphics and utility of Glideport is sooo much better than OLC.

I find the Glideport display rather hard to figure out, and slow on non-fast connections (at least until one takes out the 3D window), but it does have some nice features. OLC-type score calculation seems to be implemented within other software, such as Tophat/XCsoar, thus it could also be embedded within Glideport.

There is growing functional overlap between at least these three services: OLC, glideport.aero, and glidernet.org. I suspect that (1) not all of them will survive more than a few more years, and (2) there will be some wailing and gnashing of teeth in the process. It is also quite possible that the world will go one way, and a certain large country that considers itself exceptional will go another way.

Talking about Glideport and some alternative data communication methods, is it legal in the USA to have a cellphone talk to the cell towers from a flying aircraft?
Old March 27th 18, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

It's been pointed out to me that there is also crosscountry.aero - so make that four overlapping services at the least.
Old March 27th 18, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

I’ve been using crosscountry.aero in addition to OLC for years. It’s main advantage is a comprehensive electronic log book which does not exist anywhere else as far as I know. I highly recommend it.

Ramy
Old March 27th 18, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Well, then, take a look at skylines.aero, too.Â* I use it for keeping up
my logs since I have the opportunity to choose the units used. It
appears to use the OLC rules but in a much friendlier package.