lemo adapters?

Old September 4th 05, 04:24 PM

Default lemo adapters?

dear pilots: is it possible to hook up an aviation headset that is a
LEMO model to an airplane that has only an ordinary headset (audio+mic)
connector? [i.e., is there some sort of adapter?]

sincerely,

/iaw

Old September 5th 05, 01:36 AM

From looking at it, I am pretty sure this ain't it. The $70 adapter is

a custom cable for a particular device, the trafficscope. for what I
want, one end would have to be the lemo, the other end of the adapter
would need to be one fat plug and one thin plug.

/iaw

Old September 5th 05, 01:42 AM
Mike W.

The first question is, what make/model headset? If it has this type of
connector, I would think it is some kind or ANR headset, that plugs into a
panel mounted or portable 'filter' box for the noise reduction. The
circuitry (impedance) of the headset may not work plugged straight into the
audio jacks if you try to make an adapter.

--
Hello, my name is Mike, and I am an airplane addict....

oups.com...

Old September 5th 05, 03:58 AM
Joe Feise

Mike W. wrote on 9/4/2005 17:42:
The first question is, what make/model headset? If it has this type of
connector, I would think it is some kind or ANR headset, that plugs into a
panel mounted or portable 'filter' box for the noise reduction. The
circuitry (impedance) of the headset may not work plugged straight into the
audio jacks if you try to make an adapter.

Good point.
Apparently, the Bose X comes with a lemo plug, but they seem to have
dual-plug cables:
http://www.bose.com/controller?event=VIEW_PRODUCT_PAGE_EVENT&product=h eadsetx_headset_accessories
The trafficscope adapter that I posted a link to earlier may still work.
While the trafficscope only has speaker output (and their normal cable
doesn't have any mic connector), I think that the lemo adapter has to
have a mic connector as well, otherwise it would render the headset
pretty much useless...

-Joe