Airport Hotels

Old October 27th 06, 02:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
FLAV8R[_1_]

Default Airport Hotels

Jay,

I just finished watching "Wings to Adventure" on the outdoor channel and
this week they were highlighting a hotel located at the airport in
Fredericksburg, TX.
If you missed the show it replays again on Saturday at 17:30 on the outdoor
channel.

Have you seen this episode? And have you ever thought about contacting
"Wings to Adventure" and seeing if they would do a spot on your place?

Links:

http://www.hangarhotel.com/

http://www.airnav.com/airport/T82

http://www.wingstoadventure.com/

David -KGYH

Old October 27th 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

"FLAV8R" wrote in message
Jay,

I just finished watching "Wings to Adventure" on the outdoor channel and
this week they were highlighting a hotel located at the airport in
Fredericksburg, TX.
If you missed the show it replays again on Saturday at 17:30 on the
outdoor channel.

Have you seen this episode? And have you ever thought about contacting
"Wings to Adventure" and seeing if they would do a spot on your place?

Links:

http://www.hangarhotel.com/

http://www.airnav.com/airport/T82

http://www.wingstoadventure.com/

Which brings up the question. Why the hell hasn't Jay place been on this
show yet?

Old October 28th 06, 02:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

I just finished watching "Wings to Adventure" on the outdoor channel and
this week they were highlighting a hotel located at the airport in
Fredericksburg, TX.

Cool. Mary and I have tried to fly there twice, and been scrubbed due
to thunderstorms both times. I've heard it's a pretty nice place.

Have you seen this episode? And have you ever thought about contacting
"Wings to Adventure" and seeing if they would do a spot on your place?

I don't have much time to watch TV, so I'd never even heard of the
show. (I sorta knew there was a "Travel Channel", but I've never
actually seen it.

I'll have to check out the show -- thanks for the head's up!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old October 30th 06, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
jmk

FLAV8R wrote:
Jay,

I just finished watching "Wings to Adventure" on the outdoor channel and
this week they were highlighting a hotel located at the airport in
Fredericksburg, TX.

I've stayed there at the Hangar Hotel a fair number of times. We have
some of our board meetings there. Actually a surprisingly comfortable
hotel, made up to look like a WW-II barracks sort of thing. The 1950's
diner next door is not as good as it should be. Still, to be able to
taxi up to both and shut down, walk right into the hotel and check in
for the night - interesting and fun to do.