am I loser?

Old August 24th 03, 08:16 PM
pac plyer

"Capt. Doug" wrote in message ...
Frederick Wilson wrote in message
Am I a loser, procrastintor, or do I really have a full plate?

One of your projects will be done in January. That should free up some time.
:-)

D. (Just do it!)

Doug is right. No balls, No babies. Get a starter kit of
glass/wood/metal play with that in the living room, and then.... if
that doesn't cause a divorce, get some plans and start on something
simple like an elevator in the kitchen. If that doesn't cause a
divorce then move up to a Stabilizer in the bedroom (get her back
barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen again, so you'll have extra
space.) Then go to Oshkosh camping with the kids in a few years and
take pictures to show the friends you will meet there. Don't be
intimidated by the fact that 90% of these projects never fly. Just
doing it is a satisfying part of the homebuilding religion. But act
confident at all times like you know what you're doing. If at any
time a female or management brain puts together the fact that you
really don't have a clue what you're doing beyond day by day (making
it up as you go along) you're hosed.

No, you are not a loser. A loser is a person who never posts his real
name, and likewise does not have the courage to ask such questions.

Good Luck

pacplyer
Old August 25th 03, 12:47 AM
Barnyard BOb --

"Morgans" wrote:

P.S.
Is the subject of QUALITY teachers
still open for discussion? g

Barnyard BOb - Spell Police trainee

Add to that my increased levels of pain medication after my surgery... you
see the results.

Thats my story, and I'm stickin' to it!

Stick to whatever you want,
but can I have some of your stuff?

As far as my teaching goes, I'll challenge you to a wood cuttin' and
hammerin' duel, anytime.

Sorry.
I only duel and get hammered with..... MUZZLELOADER.

Barnyard BOb --
Old August 25th 03, 02:54 AM
Ken Sandyeggo

(pac plyer) wrote in message . com...
(Ken Sandyeggo) wrote:
Come on! When does one ever get caught up around the house? If you
use that as a reason, you'll never get started. Heck, most of us just
spent an hour or so every couple days working on our projects. If you
know what you want and can afford it, go ahead and get the parts and
start slowly. Eventually it'll get done, despite all the other
projects and chores you have.

Or, like me during one stage of my life, throw the kids out to fend
for themselves and go through a divorce. Rent a tiny apartment with
a hotplate, crummy TV and 2 cubic foot refrigerator and stock it with
TV dinners and lunchmeat. Your ex will get the car and you can get
yourself a cheap "beater." You'll have all the time you want to work
on your plane, because you'll be too embarrassed to ask a woman out in
your junky car or bring her to your crummy apartment. Your clothes
will look like crap too, because you never learned how to use an iron.
Truthfully though, your way is better. That time in my life wasn't
too enjoyable and the time as a kid-raising family is something to
really treasure.

Ken J. - Sandie a go

Gee Ken,
Now I know you're in aviation for sure! And an experienced builder to
boot. You didn't by any chance also work for an FBO as a flight
instructor did you? If not: I can get you a job as one.... seeing as
you're already famillar with all the fringe benifits! :-)

Naw, I was a cop for about 13 years. That took good care of my
marriage, especially when my wife got hired as a deputy sheriff. I
was off on Monday and Tuesday, she was off on Thursday and Friday, I'd
work nights and she'd work p.m.s and after a year or 2 of that kind of
scheduling and the stress that comes with the job (she had 2 emotional
breakdowns before the marriage ended), it was all over. I made it to
22.5 years though. That must be some kind of record or close to it
for California. I've been with someone for about 9 years now, but I
ain't ever tying no knot again. If it's ever over, I just shove my
crap into a plastic garbage bag and sleep in the hangar for a few
nights until I can get a room at the "Y" or somewhere.

Ken J. - Sandy Eggowe
Old August 25th 03, 03:16 AM
Snowbird

Barnyard BOb -- wrote in message . ..

ad·vice ---
con·tin·ue

Is the subject of QUALITY teachers
still open for discussion? g

Why serpently Unk.

Is it true that you plan to embrace a second career as
a Communication Arts teacher?

It might help pay for your new prop. My nose bleeds for
your inmates^H^H^H^H^H^Htudents though.

L&K,
Sydney
Old August 25th 03, 10:37 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Is the subject of QUALITY teachers
still open for discussion? g

Why serpently Unk.

Is it true that you plan to embrace a second career as
a Communication Arts teacher?

It might help pay for your new prop. My nose bleeds for
your inmates^H^H^H^H^H^Htudents though.

L&K,
Sydney

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rodney Dangerfield and I get no repsect.

Barnyard BOb --

Old August 25th 03, 10:59 AM
Barnyard BOb --

Is the subject of QUALITY teachers
still open for discussion? g

Why serpently Unk.

Is it true that you plan to embrace a second career as
a Communication Arts teacher?

It might help pay for your new prop. My nose bleeds for
your inmates^H^H^H^H^H^Htudents though.

Funny - that thought caused my hemorrhoids to act up...

Mark Hickey

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like I said...
No respect.

Barnyard BOb --

Old August 25th 03, 12:28 PM
Frederick Wilson

Corrie,

Thanks for the reply.

I took a look at your website. It was great as well. I admire you and your
simple acceptance of turning 43 with a new baby.

Although I am only 32, you and I have a great many things in life in common.
My wife returns to school next July for a teaching degree. I am struggling
on the garage thing. My roof sure could use some work, but there is no
reason to do that because I need to tear into it to attach the garage. Gotta
have the new master bedroom because of the baby. I have 4 kids too but my
oldest son lives with my ex-

I am also toying with the thought of returning to Active Duty Army and out
of the National Guard. There is a lot more pay there than my civilian job.
This thought is still in its infancy. Probably will not happen because I
like my current wife. (Went to Korea for a year and lost my first wife).

And on and on.

Anyway, you live in WI. Yea it does get cold up there.

Once again, Thanks for the web site. I guess I need to put together my 5
year plan.

Fred
"Corrie" wrote in message
om...
Glad to know I'm not alone. New baby (child #4) arrived two months
ago. Wife just started nursing school. Also planning to add an
addition - need the extra dining-room space downstairs and bedroom
space upstairs. I'm not on military standby, but I do moonlight at a
tech college teaching the nights my wife isn't at school.

I read the AS&S catalog in the can for downtime. I've picked up some
plans, am studying them, making plans to visit local builders, may
start on a scale model for practice and inspiration. Nothing wrong
with spending a year doing research. But the real kicker is that we
don't have a garage built - whoops, scuse me, that's the SHOP that's
not built yet. I'll let the wife park the van in part of it.

Seriously, the key is to be making progress on the most important
things, however you define those things. To everything there is a
season. And slow progress is still progress.

http://www.itasca.net/~corrie/homebuilt_plane_blog.htm

"Frederick Wilson" wrote in message

Well folks I am struggling here. I know what I want to build but I am

having
trouble justifing starting the project. This is what I have going on.

New
baby coming in January (I'm excited). Trying to complete the new master
bedroom (Make room for new baby). Going to school. And am a national

guard
member on active duty. I try to justify my not starting the project

because
my plate is full and because I have not gotten my two car garage/hanger
built.

I have read in several places how folks started their project in

apartments
and via other means.

Old August 25th 03, 12:49 PM
Model Flyer

"Barnyard BOb --" wrote in message

Is it true that you plan to embrace a second career as
Sydney

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Rodney Dangerfield and I get no repsect.

. ^^^^^^

Errr....

RESPECT
RESPECT
RESPECT
RESPECT
RESPECT

Do you hear me Spell Police?

Na, I'm not going to rise to that one, let Microspend spell checker
do it for you. I read you appeal and happily read it as respect. The
human brain is well able to quickly sort out what is intended when
the correct letters are used, it's only computers that are stupid
unough not to understand.:-)
--

..
--

Antispam trap in place

Barnyard BOb --

Old August 25th 03, 12:58 PM
Model Flyer

Am I a loser, procrastintor, or do I really have a full plate?

Fred

Fred,

I hate to put it this way but if you have to ask, you probably

should wait. If
you do decide to go forward, set aside one night or one day of the

weekend as a
commitment to the project and stick to it. Just remember, it is

going to take
a long time.

Bob, I'm interested in build one of the many quick build kits, Jabriu
etc, however, if I do buy a kit it would become my latest obsession
and I'd never get anything else done until it's finished. That's way
it was with computers then printers, so none of the household jobs
ever get done. I tried setting aside one day per week to get the
house repairs done, but that never worked as more printers came in
for repair.:-(
--

..
--