CNX-80 for sale, new

Old December 29th 03, 11:42 PM
Cecil E. Chapman

Default CNX-80 for sale, new

try rec.aviation.products and post a link or item number to your e-bay
auction

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil
PP-ASEL

Check out my personal flying adventures complete with pictures and text at:
www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"Richard Riley" wrote in message
I have a spare CNX80 for sale. Brand new, 1 week out of the factory,
original packaging, never installed, full warrantee. Retail is
$11,995, my price $9200.

If you're interested, contact me at: richard atsign riley dot net

Old December 30th 03, 02:22 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:52:31 GMT, Richard Riley
wrote:

I have a spare CNX80 for sale. Brand new, 1 week out of the factory,
original packaging, never installed, full warrantee. Retail is
$11,995, my price $9200.

If you're interested, contact me at: richard atsign riley dot net

That's about $600 more than what my avionics shop quoted me for the unit.

It's being installed next month.

Old December 30th 03, 04:11 PM
Dan Luke

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:
It's being installed next month.

Ron, would you mind posting their total installed quote?
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM

Old December 30th 03, 06:48 PM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:11:47 -0600, "Dan Luke"
wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:
It's being installed next month.

Ron, would you mind posting their total installed quote?

Not at all.

There was extra hardware required for my installation including a
compatible blind encoding altimeter ($350), a dual VOR, dual G/S diplexer
($158) and miscellaneous parts ($500). Labor figure was 45 hrs @ $60.00.
The bottom line was $12,308 installed less $1,500 credit for a KX155wG/S
that is being removed. So my cost will be $10,808.

They are also removing my DME, moving my ADF to the right hand stack, and
moving some units around in the center stack where the CNX80 is going.

I believe there is going to be a price increase after Jan 1, but I'm not
certain.

Old December 31st 03, 05:26 PM
John Roncallo

wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

It's being installed next month.

Ron, would you mind posting their total installed quote?

Not at all.

There was extra hardware required for my installation including a
compatible blind encoding altimeter ($350), a dual VOR, dual G/S diplexer
($158) and miscellaneous parts ($500). Labor figure was 45 hrs @ $60.00.
The bottom line was $12,308 installed less $1,500 credit for a KX155wG/S
that is being removed. So my cost will be $10,808.

They are also removing my DME, moving my ADF to the right hand stack, and
moving some units around in the center stack where the CNX80 is going.

I believe there is going to be a price increase after Jan 1, but I'm not
certain.

Ron

Where is this being installed. I got almost the same price quote to
install a UPS GX60 about 6 months ago here in CT. I beginning to think
it's worth flying out of state to get a more realistic price.

John Roncallo

Old January 1st 04, 03:21 AM
Ron Rosenfeld

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 16:26:30 GMT, John Roncallo
wrote:

Ron

Where is this being installed. I got almost the same price quote to
install a UPS GX60 about 6 months ago here in CT. I beginning to think
it's worth flying out of state to get a more realistic price.

John Roncallo

Columbia Air (formerly Acadia Air) at Bar Harbor, ME (BHB).

If you call, kindly tell Leroy (the shop manager) that you heard about it
through me on the newsgroup. Andy is the radio guru there. He's young but
seems to know his stuff.

Old January 1st 04, 05:38 AM
Gerry Caron

"John Roncallo" wrote in message
om...
Ron Rosenfeld wrote:

Not at all.

There was extra hardware required for my installation including a
compatible blind encoding altimeter ($350), a dual VOR, dual G/S

diplexer
($158) and miscellaneous parts ($500). Labor figure was 45 hrs @

$60.00.
The bottom line was $12,308 installed less $1,500 credit for a KX155wG/S
that is being removed. So my cost will be $10,808.

They are also removing my DME, moving my ADF to the right hand stack,

and
moving some units around in the center stack where the CNX80 is going.

Where is this being installed. I got almost the same price quote to
install a UPS GX60 about 6 months ago here in CT. I beginning to think
it's worth flying out of state to get a more realistic price.

Ouch. Less than 2 years ago, our club Cheetah got a new stack -- GX-60,
SL-30, and SL-10; replacing the original Collins Microline nav and comm.
Total price was about $13K. Had it done at Eastern Avionics in Punta Gorda
FL.

Taking out the SL-10 and SL-30 would save $5k in hardware alone, not too
mention the time to install these two items; so a realistic price for a
GX-60 alone should be in the $8K range. Sounds to me like your shop just
doesn't want to sell you a GX-60.

Gerry