PEZ: now that's funny!

Old December 8th 03, 05:38 AM
Bill Wallace

Default PEZ: now that's funny!

A marginal sailplane racer drawing a marginal "comic" strip. Hilarious!!!
Old December 8th 03, 08:05 AM
John Shelton

A marginal sailplane racer drawing a marginal "comic" strip about a marginal
sailplane racer and being critiqued by someone not on the SSA pilot seeding
list.

Now that's funny!

"Bill Wallace" wrote in message
om...
A marginal sailplane racer drawing a marginal "comic" strip. Hilarious!!!

Old December 8th 03, 01:09 PM
Vorsanger1

This "marginal" comic strip is a heck of a lot more than nevadaflyer has
apparently contributed ! I , for one, found it great that it should appear on a
soaring site.

I hope to see more instalments.

Cheers anyway, Charles
Old December 8th 03, 05:26 PM
bumper

What did yo' mama tell you about "if you ain't got nothing nice to say . . .
"?

I was hoping others would "pounce" on your post, and they have. Your post
was mean spirited and uncalled for. I'm not a racer but enjoy PEZ and have
only heard good comments from others (except you).Whay have you done for
soaring lately?
--
bumper ZZ (reverse all after @)
"Dare to be different . . . circle in sink."

Old December 8th 03, 06:29 PM
John Shelton

No such thing as "bad press". Actually, I was thinking of releasing some
home videos of myself with Pamela Anderson to draw attention to Pez. (I
would use the more recent example but she sort of a soaring family member.)

"bumper" wrote in message
What did yo' mama tell you about "if you ain't got nothing nice to say . .

..
"?

Old December 8th 03, 07:02 PM
Kilo Charlie

"John Shelton" wrote in message
ink.net...
No such thing as "bad press". Actually, I was thinking of releasing some
home videos of myself with Pamela Anderson to draw attention to Pez. (I
would use the more recent example but she sort of a soaring family

member.)

PEZ does Baywatch??

KC

Old December 8th 03, 08:16 PM
303pilot

Hmm, cross this thread w/the "how do we build interest in soaring" thread
and you get.....

breathless Infotainment TV show talking head "And this week we're looking
into stories that glider pilots have a largely secret confab with "members
of the Hilton family" at a remote location. Why would anyone fly a plane
with no motor over 500k just for a chance to be at this remote location with
"members of the Hilton family", what exactly is "gaggling" and just who are
those "members of the Hilton family"? Stay tuned as Infotainment Tonight
brings you the full story.....

Brent

Old December 8th 03, 08:28 PM
Mark James Boyd

I hope to see more instalments.

Cheers anyway, Charles

I think PDS is still making installments on his "lingus."
And putting the new tail on it was quite cunning...
(for those of you who may have missed the subtlety...)

Old December 8th 03, 08:59 PM
Mark James Boyd

What did yo' mama tell you about "if you ain't got nothing nice to say . . .
"?

I was hoping others would "pounce" on your post, and they have.

I'm reminded that being nice to others is a good idea
because it improves your soaring...in the afterlife.

When you lose your medical (i.e. die) you'll either get
phenomenol lift, or lots of immediate sink.

If you get lift, you immediately also get a self-launching
endorsement and the MoP that go with it. From then on
you have so much altitude you never have to circle unless
you feel like it, you can fly above OR below clouds,
your choice, and you don't even have to worry about
cloud clearance (there are no FAA inspectors in heaven).
You are surrounded mostly by tow pilots, wizened
1-26 drivers, and instructors who say "gee, that's
all right, let's try it again, ok?" And you're wing
waviness is less than .002 (whatever that means). :-]

BEEP!

If you get sink, there are hellacious thermals
everywhere, but you can't self launch and there are
NO tow pilots. The omnipresent FAA inspectors make idle
chitchat about the PW-5 before issuing you
your pink slip for misspelling "brunswick toob."
Every power pilot keeps telling you about how
he wouldn't be here if "I'd just followed the damned checklist!"
The Notional Enquirer editor is there, and tells you
your "crew" is about to remarry your former tow pilot,
the one with the 275 foot rope. Several lawyers nearby
say they will take your case if you'll testify
you once had a 2-33 make an uncommanded release.
It's a bijillion degrees, the coffee
is way too hot, and it's about as old as the known universe.
Oh, and you forgot to bring your camelback. :-[

"rec.aviation.soaring - B.S. free since Dec 8, 2003 - 2:06 PM PST"