Soaring Cafe Weekly Digest for week of . March 25th, 2011 throughMarch 30th, 2011

Old April 1st 11, 02:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bill Elliott[_2_]

Default Soaring Cafe Weekly Digest for week of . March 25th, 2011 throughMarch 30th, 2011

1. My trip to Ely, Nevada
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/my-trip-to-ely-nevada/

I made a trip to the US with my ASH-26 in 2006. During my trip, I
visited and fly at Julian, Moriarty, Parowan, Ely, Minden, Bishop and
a few other places. The photo was taken on July 25th, 2006 from Ely,
Nevada. I was fortunate to fly there with my friends Hugh Milne and
Wilfried Krüger. The weather was very good allowing us to make some
1000 Kilometer flight. [...]

2. The 2011 Australian Qualifying Grand Prix Results
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/the-2...-prix-results/

The 2011 Australian Qualifying Grand Prix http://
www.glidinggrandprix2010.com.au/ is over with Bruce Taylor earning 38
total points with his JS1 Revelation. Over the 5 contest days Bruce
dominated the qualifier by claiming 1st, 6th, 1st, 1st, and 2nd daily
standings. The field of 8 sailplanes included two JS1 Revelations
[...]

3. Alfred " Fred" Otto Herr Pilot Died in Sunday Sailplane Crash
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/alfre...ilplane-crash/

Alfred Otto Herr of Fort Collins, Colorado died in a sailplane crash
on March 20^th , 2011. [...]

4. Where Wild Winds Rule
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/where...ld-winds-rule/

In a field where science and adventure sports meet, the team of the
Mountain Wave Project (MWP) (mountain-wave-project.com http://
www.mountain-wave-project.com/) is trying, in connection with the
scientific section of the Organisation Scientifique [...]

5. Finishing at the 2011 Australian Grand Prixx
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/finis...an-grand-prix/

6. National Feminine Records Set in Tennessee
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/natio...-in-tennessee/

Sarah Kelly-Arnold, of Chilhowee Gliderport http://www.chilhowee.com
fame, had an amazing flight on Thursday, March 24th. Sarah and Dianna
Fleming appear to have set 12 new records in the Feminine Category,
Open Multiplace Glider for Tennessee, and possibly two National
Records! This flight was made during her annual Sequatchie Valley
Ridge and Badge Camp on Thursday, March 24. [...]

7. Decorah Eagles LiveCam
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/decorah-eagles-livecam/

The Raptor Resource Project (www.raptorresource.org http://
www.raptorresource.org) brings you the Decorah Eagles from atop their
tree at the fish hatchery in Decorah, Iowa.[...]

8. Friday 11th March - Shear Delight in Western Australia!
http://soaringcafe.com/2011/03/frida...ern-australia/

I had been delayed at home during the morning, so I arrived at
Beverley [Western Australia] just after 1pm, the launching was
commencing for the task Dowerin – Pingelly. [...]

Several Classified Ads were posted this week. They can be reviewed at:

http://soaringcafe.com/category/classified-ads/