First Purchase Price Question

Old October 30th 03, 08:27 AM
Dashii

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:NL0ob.60247$Tr4.157921@attbi_s03...
My Ercoupe annual was close to $2k this year with the removal of the

wings
for the inspection. Had some other stuff done like replacing tires too.

hope it's not another $2k annual again next year, although I'll have to

find
a different inspector.

Ouch.

What happened to your A&P?

I've been thinking about buying a Cessna 150, any idea what an owner can
expect annual expenses to be.

I.e., Hangar, maintenance, inspections, etc.?

Dashii

Old October 30th 03, 02:25 PM
Greg Burkhart

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
My Ercoupe annual was close to $2k this year with the removal of the

wings
for the inspection. Had some other stuff done like replacing tires too.

hope it's not another $2k annual again next year, although I'll have to

find
a different inspector.

Ouch.

What happened to your A&P?

He retired this summer. There are some 'goodies' that I'd like to add at the
next annual too. I'll have to decide which ones are 'needed'...

Old October 31st 03, 01:08 AM
Carl Orton

I've been thinking about buying a Cessna 150, any idea what an owner can
expect annual expenses to be.

I.e., Hangar, maintenance, inspections, etc.?

Depends on the part of the country. Around DFW, hangars are $200-250, open,
covered T hangars are 100-150, open tie-downs usually about $85. On a 150,
annuals run around $350-500 just for the inspection part - that's without
any other parts/labor.

Old October 31st 03, 01:22 AM
Dashii

"Carl Orton" wrote in message
I've been thinking about buying a Cessna 150, any idea what an owner can
expect annual expenses to be.

I.e., Hangar, maintenance, inspections, etc.?

Depends on the part of the country. Around DFW, hangars are $200-250,

open,
covered T hangars are 100-150, open tie-downs usually about $85. On a 150,
annuals run around $350-500 just for the inspection part - that's without
any other parts/labor.

Spokane, WA. When you say "hangars are $200-250", that's a month right?

So with a covered T hangar or tie-down I could probably do it for about
$2000 a year if I got a C150/2?

Thanks for the answer,

Dashii

Old October 31st 03, 02:49 AM
Carl Orton

Spokane, WA. When you say "hangars are $200-250", that's a month right?

So with a covered T hangar or tie-down I could probably do it for about
$2000 a year if I got a C150/2?

That's the per-month cost for a hangar/tie down. IF you went with a
tie-down or open but covered T-hangar (some call 'em "patio hangars"), and
IF you didn't have any surprises on the annual, you could probably do it.
But I wouldn't count on it. Expect the unexpected.

That's 1200 for the hangar, figure 650 for insurance, and 500 for the
annual, and you're 350 over right there. Any repairs or maintenance action
required, and you're closer to 3000 than 2000. Things *will* need attention.
These planes are all 30-some odd years old, and things just happen.

Old November 1st 03, 01:25 AM
Robert A. Barker

"Dashii" wrote in message
Ok Carl, thanks,

Dashii

"Carl Orton" wrote in message

Dashii: I purchased a 1966 C150F last April. IMHO
one of the most important things is a "good" pre-purchase
inspection by an independent inspector. I had a very
thorough one done and so far no surprises.

Best of luck

Bob Barker N8749S

Old November 1st 03, 02:48 AM
Dashii

Sounds good Bob, I'll make sure that I get that done.

What do you feel that the your annual outlay will be not taking into account
the purchase, financing or fuel?

Thanks,

Dashii

"Robert A. Barker" wrote in message

"Dashii" wrote in message
Ok Carl, thanks,

Dashii

Old November 1st 03, 01:26 PM
Robert A. Barker

"Dashii" wrote in message
Sounds good Bob, I'll make sure that I get that done.

What do you feel that the your annual outlay will be not taking into

account
the purchase, financing or fuel?

Thanks,

Dashii

Dashii: Hard to tell,with the winter coming on I expect to
have to pay for engine pre-heat at about $20.00 per.No
telling what minor or major repairs will be needed.I had
hoped to keep within $2000.00-$2500.00.I just developed a leaking seal in
the nose wheel strut and
I have no idea what that may cost.If you are interested,
contact me off line at my e-mail address and I will try to keep you posted
as I go.

Bob Barker N8749S