ATC visit questions?? (Operation rain check)

Old October 24th 05, 02:54 PM

Default ATC visit questions?? (Operation rain check)

I was wondering if has anyone visited ATC facilities recently and had
to prove US citizenship. I have heard some people that visited Potomac
Approach were not asked for this, but Seattle Approach keeps blocking
non-citizens including permanent residents.

Thanks..

Baha Acuner
www.AcuWings.com

Old October 24th 05, 04:48 PM
buttman

I visited Columbus Tower/TRACON last spring and they never asked us for
any citizenship papers. We all looked american so they ptobably didn't
care.

Old October 24th 05, 04:51 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"buttman" wrote in message
ups.com...

I visited Columbus Tower/TRACON last spring and they never asked us for
any citizenship papers. We all looked american so they ptobably didn't
care.

How does one look American?

Old October 24th 05, 05:27 PM
Montblack

("Steven P. McNicoll" wrote)
How does one look American?

Look like an out of work roofer.

Montblack
Old October 24th 05, 05:42 PM
Ben Hallert

Shouldn't showing your pilot certificate be adequete? Either way, it
seems kinda sad. Trading an insignificant amount of added safety for a
significant hassle that'll just discourage more and more people from
aviation.

Ben Hallert
PP-ASEL

Old October 24th 05, 09:02 PM
Michelle P

I did an operation rain check last January at Potomac Tracon. They asked
for Pilot certificate number. Over 120 attended.
Michelle

Old October 24th 05, 10:03 PM
Jimmy B.

wrote:
I was wondering if has anyone visited ATC facilities recently and had
to prove US citizenship. I have heard some people that visited Potomac
Approach were not asked for this, but Seattle Approach keeps blocking
non-citizens including permanent residents.

Thanks..

Baha Acuner
www.AcuWings.com

I attended an Operation Raincheck last week at Potomac. They asked for
the citizenship in the initial e-mail and they checked IDs on entrance.
Old October 24th 05, 11:38 PM

This is sad.. I am a permanent resident flight school owner (Part 61).
We have non citizen pilots, students. Obviously they all went through
the TSA process. Yet we cannot go to tracon..

I guess it is OK for me to train people but I am considered terrorist
when I want to go to the facility.

Old October 25th 05, 12:22 AM

A Guy Called Tyketto wrote:
A group of friends of mine visited LAX Tower, and had no
problems.

A friend and I visited our tower last week. No identification required.
We have been flying there for over a year, and they know the airplane is
hangared/home there. It's nice to have *a little* familiar rapport with
the controllers if you have time to meet with them outside of the calls
themselves. Our tower encourages that among tenants of the airport, they
even have BBQs to facilitate it. Makes for a more friendly, cooperative
environment, IMO.