slightly o.t. landing at big airports

Old September 3rd 03, 09:33 PM
Mike Marron

"Steven P. McNicoll" wrote:
"Mike Marron" wrote:

Er um, I'm afraid you're the one whose clueless.

No, it really is you.

Tell ya' what Steven. The founder of the glider-trike program is
a Delta airline captain, ex-Navy guy (flew F-4's off carriers during
'Nam), and practicing attorney. Why don't you go tell him how
clueless he is and how clueless the folks in the tower are where
he flies simply for using the term "ultralight" instead of "trike" and
then report back to us?

Please post your number of hours logged in experimental trikes
right here --____________

Zero,

Suspicions confirmed.

and irrelevant.

No, YOU are irrelevant.

-Mike Marron

Old September 3rd 03, 10:11 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Mike Marron" wrote in message

Tell ya' what Steven. The founder of the glider-trike program is
a Delta airline captain, ex-Navy guy (flew F-4's off carriers during
'Nam), and practicing attorney. Why don't you go tell him how
clueless he is and how clueless the folks in the tower are where
he flies simply for using the term "ultralight" instead of "trike" and
then report back to us?

I've already explained the situation to you as simply as I can. I've
provided verifiable supporting documentation. If you cannot see the folly
of your position it can only be due to the inability to think logically.
Show these messages to your friend, if he's as sharp as you think he is he
will tell you you're full of ****.

Old September 4th 03, 03:14 PM

Mike Marron wrote:

The only thing you've explained to me so far is that you have never
flown an experimental trike. I doubt that you're even a pilot, much
less a CFII, A&P, UFI with weightshift and fixed-wing (both land &sea)
qualifications and thousands of hours logged as PIC.

Gee Mike, you sure that you're not a close blood relative of
Art?...(hint - in case you missed it - BTDT)
--

-Gord.
Old September 4th 03, 05:28 PM
Mike Marron

"Gord Beaman" ) wrote:

Gee Mike, you sure that you're not a close blood relative of
Art?...(hint - in case you missed it - BTDT)

Ya' never know, but after all's said and done if I did happen
to be related to Art I would consider it an honor just as I'm
honored to be related to my great-grandfather who immigrated
from Ireland (changed the name from O'Marron to Marron) and
fought on the union side during the American Civil War...two uncles
who served in WW2 (one flew P-40's and -47's and downed two
Japanese and the other was a marine "BTDT" grunt when they
raised Old Glory on Iwo Jima's Mt. Suribachi)...and my ol' man
who flew combat SAR including an undisclosed number of
"cloak and dagger" sorties over North Vietnam and Laos...

-Mike (salute Art) Marron

Old September 4th 03, 09:17 PM

Mike Marron wrote:

"Gord Beaman" ) wrote:

Gee Mike, you sure that you're not a close blood relative of
Art?...(hint - in case you missed it - BTDT)

Ya' never know, but after all's said and done if I did happen
to be related to Art I would consider it an honor just as I'm
honored to be related to my great-grandfather who immigrated
from Ireland (changed the name from O'Marron to Marron) and
fought on the union side during the American Civil War...two uncles
who served in WW2 (one flew P-40's and -47's and downed two
Japanese and the other was a marine "BTDT" grunt when they
raised Old Glory on Iwo Jima's Mt. Suribachi)...and my ol' man
who flew combat SAR including an undisclosed number of
"cloak and dagger" sorties over North Vietnam and Laos...

-Mike (salute Art) Marron

Mike...I don't want anyone to get the wrong slant here. I'm very
glad that Art and your relatives fought and risked their lives
for our freedom in those awful times, but what I object to is
Art's insistence that if you didn't fight in the wars then you
know jack about anything at all. If he'd only realize that
there's very few of us who are living now who 'could' possibly
have served in his wars he wouldn't run into so much opposition.

Aaaand the reason for my jab above is because you seem to be
showing a similar trait WRT the experimental ultra-light bit.

Steven gave what I'd say was a very calm, reasonable and lucid
explanation and you jumped on him for no good reason (hell, you
even changed the terms midstream).

I'm sure nobody hereabouts doubts your eminent qualifications in
the ultra-light field but you don't fare so well in the
confidence area when you lash out like Art does.

But....c'est la vie I suppose...sigh
--

-Gord.
Old September 4th 03, 10:26 PM
Mike Marron

"Gord Beaman" ) wrote:

Mike...I don't want anyone to get the wrong slant here. I'm very
glad that Art and your relatives fought and risked their lives
for our freedom in those awful times, but what I object to is
Art's insistence that if you didn't fight in the wars then you
know jack about anything at all. If he'd only realize that
there's very few of us who are living now who 'could' possibly
have served in his wars he wouldn't run into so much opposition.

No prob -- I think (I hope!) we've turned the corner in that regard.

Aaaand the reason for my jab above is because you seem to be
showing a similar trait WRT the experimental ultra-light bit.

Again, no prob. Like I said, Mr. McNicoll seemed to be under
the impression that he (of all people!) was somehow "educating"
me WRT the FAR's as they apply to ultralights vis a vis experimental
A/C...

Laughable!

Steven gave what I'd say was a very calm, reasonable and lucid
explanation and you jumped on him for no good reason (hell, you
even changed the terms midstream).

Wrongo. Steven changed the terms midstream not me. The
gist of my first post in this thread was simply that I am one of
just a tiny handful of pilots in the entire U.S. who can legally take
my itty bitty little trike into a major Class "B" airport and mix it
up with the Boeing 777's. That's when Steve's ego went on
override and he attempted to change the subject to some
nit-noid argument over what does or does not constitute an
"ultralight." I subsequently disarmed his argument when I
explained to him that I am fully aware of the FAR's. Afterall,
you have to be extraordinarily well-versed in the FAR's
when you're asking the feds to allow you take an "ultralight" and
operate it in surface based controlled airspace and densely
populated urban areas even at night with, or without a medical(!)
Please re-read that last sentence because no other country on
the face of the planet (besides the good ol' U.S. of A.) would even
DREAM of allowing ultralights or "microlights" to do what me
and a select few of fellow glider-trikers do!

I'm sure nobody hereabouts doubts your eminent qualifications in
the ultra-light field but you don't fare so well in the
confidence area when you lash out like Art does.

See above.

But....c'est la vie I suppose...sigh

Now there's a Krameresque retort if I ever saw one...

-Mike (if you haven't noticed, he "sighs" a lot) Marron