Permission to come aboard sir?

Old January 20th 07, 01:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default Permission to come aboard sir?

Hub & Diane Plott wrote:
Got this one from a friend in New Zealand

clipped and cropped, makes a great desktop.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton

Old January 20th 07, 02:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

These characters are insane, IMHO. Unbelievable.

Brian
Old January 20th 07, 02:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation

Old January 20th 07, 02:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Al Camp

Thanks for all the input. I snatched these off a private newsgroup (techies), and I
wanted the opinions of our "areo forensic" experts here.
I thought it was real... couldn't see any evidence of photshopping, and... the fact that
it was a "series" seemed like an unlikely candidate for faking.

Damned straight it looks dangerous! Wouldn't catch me that near those intakes!
Hope these guys CO doesn't visit the aviation newsgroups...

Thanks all...
Al Camp

"Al Camp" wrote in message
. ..
I would think the jet engine would be very close to "flaming out", as it appears to be
right in the low pressure area behind the larger craft.
Al Camp

Old January 20th 07, 09:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Blume, Alf[_1_]

A tele-lens was used - the aircraft is at least 30 feet away, a bit closer
perhaps than when refuelling from a C-135 (and definately higher), but not
much.

Old January 20th 07, 09:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Blume, Alf[_1_]

Old January 20th 07, 06:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Daan[_1_]

Damned straight it looks dangerous! Wouldn't catch me that near those

intakes!

Do not fear, that close to the C130 would cause the engines to stall...

Old January 20th 07, 06:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Daan

Old January 21st 07, 07:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Eric The Red

If its Photo-Shopped, it is arn good fake. At first I thought what the heck
are they doing. There appears to be a movie camera mounted in front and to
the side of the "marshaller."

There has been a couple references to C-130's. This is not a C-130, the
ramp is W A Y too narrow maybe six feet wide and too short. Any Chinook
experts out there?