Twenty minutes in the queue awaiting the new and improved FSS

Old April 30th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Default Twenty minutes in the queue awaiting the new and improved FSS

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Peter R. writes:

Called Lockheed Martin FSS this AM for my flight briefing. Spent 20
minutes in the "we are experiencing high call volume" queue waiting
for a live briefer to take my call.

When one finally did, he was servicing my upstate NY state flight
from Phoenix, Az. Nice enough briefer but so much for the local
knowledge.

Wasn't there a promise by Lockheed Martin that wait times would be
one minute or less?

Is there any other company competing with Lockheed Martin for this
business? If not, you can toss any promises in the wastebasket. For
profit-making corporations, the ideal is to provide the worst possible
quality and service at the highest possible price. And when a
corporation has a monopoly, this is exactly what happens.

Well, you have the market cornered on idiocy!

Bertie
Old April 30th 07, 11:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Rip

Mxsmanic wrote:
What is a "security briefing"?

Since you are not a pilot, you have no "need to know".

Rip
Old April 30th 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

What is a "security briefing"?

what's it to you, you don't fly.

bertie
Old May 1st 07, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Rip writes:

Since you are not a pilot, you have no "need to know".

Since you don't know, your post serves no purpose.

Old May 1st 07, 02:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Nathan Young

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:48:46 -0400, "Peter R."
wrote:

Called Lockheed Martin FSS this AM for my flight briefing. Spent 20 minutes
in the "we are experiencing high call volume" queue waiting for a live
briefer to take my call.

When one finally did, he was servicing my upstate NY state flight from
Phoenix, Az. Nice enough briefer but so much for the local knowledge.

Wasn't there a promise by Lockheed Martin that wait times would be one minute
or less? In the four years I have been commuting by aircraft the longest I
previously waited for a Buffalo FSS briefer was five minutes.

I am yet to wait over a minute, this is in the Chicago area which is
serviced by the Kankakee FSS station.

What were weather conditions when you called?

-Nathan

Old May 1st 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Fry

"PR" == Peter R writes:
PR If that does become the norm, I foresee
PR the number of pilots opting to fly without a briefing, and the
PR related weather and airspace incidents, increasing.

Then you can get busted on VIP TFRs like I was last year.
--
It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be
unhappy.
Old May 1st 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
d.g.s.

On 4/30/2007 6:04 PM Mxsmanic jumped down, turned around, and wrote:

Rip writes:

Since you are not a pilot, you have no "need to know".

Since you don't know, your post serves no purpose.

So you *do* stoop to personal attacks.

Hypocrite. Whiner.
--
dgs
Old May 1st 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Rip writes:

Since you are not a pilot, you have no "need to know".

Since you don't know, your post serves no purpose.

Whoo hoo. Couple thousand more and he'll match your standard!

Bertie
Old May 1st 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Peter R." wrote in message
On 4/30/2007 12:53:16 PM, "Matt Barrow" wrote:

Yeah, when I was in Montrose, the nearest briefer was 90 ,iles away
across
a mountain range.

We should have one in every town like when the phone operator was in
every
town and she could even recommend a good restuarant.

With the unique weather characteristics of the Colorado Rockies, I suspect
you were probably more confident in that briefer's weather analysis for
your
area than had you received one from a briefer in Florida.

I have virtually ZERO confidence in weather forecasts. Anywhere.

Old May 1st 07, 04:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Barrow[_4_]

"Rip" wrote in message
t...
Mxsmanic wrote:
What is a "security briefing"?

Since you are not a pilot, you have no "need to know".

You could tell him, but then you'd have to kill him.

Twenty years! Bob Kuykendall Soaring 12 February 17th 06 05:45 PM
Twenty Four Hour Spad Missions W. D. Allen Sr. Naval Aviation 19 February 12th 05 04:22 AM
New and improved WX Brief Wizard of Draws Instrument Flight Rules 0 September 12th 04 01:50 AM
Awaiting Natalie's "interpretation of what he meant Tarver Engineering Instrument Flight Rules 12 February 7th 04 05:07 PM