SR 71, Shul's writing, and a question.

Old November 18th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.music.led-zeppelin,alt.music.the-doors
Loverly Vagina

Default SR 71, Shul's writing, and a question.

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:21:19 -0500, Alric Knebel wrote:

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 17:02:24 +0100, Mxsmanic wrote:

Alric Knebel writes:

YOU think I don't know that? Hey, K00k, is Vagina copywrtited too?

I assume you mean protected by copyright. Individual words cannot be
protected by copyright.

How about this one?

**** off.

Sir AllDick, I believe, with belief, in truth, that is two (words).

Idiot.
Old November 18th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"Darkwing" theducksmailATyahoo.com wrote in
news

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Jay Honeck writes:

Personally, I think anyone trying to sell a book for $400 is bonkers
-- but if ya can get it, it's not a bad gig.

See http://www.taschen.com.

Soemthing else you can't afford.

Like gum!

Bertie

...or a clue.

Snort!

Bertie
Old November 18th 07, 09:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

WJRFlyBoy wrote in
:

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 14:16:54 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

I won't pay TWO Nickels for a book from a man who calls himself
"Vagina"

So Bush's autobiography will be out as well, eh?

Bertie

oops, got my posters confused. Sorry Shul.

Bertie
Old November 18th 07, 09:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Pardon me for saying, but aren't they all lovely?

bertie
Old November 18th 07, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.music.led-zeppelin,alt.music.the-doors
Alric Knebel[_3_]

Alric Knebel writes:

YOU think I don't know that? Hey, K00k, is Vagina copywrtited too?

I assume you mean protected by copyright. Individual words cannot be
protected by copyright.

How about this one?

**** off.

Sir AllDick, I believe, with belief, in truth, that is two (words).

Idiot.

Wait a second. What the hell are YOU doing home? Oh, that's right.
It's Sunday night. The mall closes early on Sunday.

--
_________________
Alric Knebel

http://www.ironeyefortress.com/C-SPAN_loon.html
http://www.ironeyefortress.com
Old November 19th 07, 12:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.music.led-zeppelin,alt.music.the-doors
Mxsmanic

Alric Knebel writes:

How about this one?

**** off.

I count two. Neither can be copyrighted.
Old November 19th 07, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .
Pardon me for saying, but aren't they all lovely?

If you hang out with the right class of women, they are.

I hear from my brother-in-law doctor, that there are some really, really
sick ones that he has treated, that are not all that lovely, to look at,
smell, and I would imagine, feel. :-(

Uggg!
--
Jim in NC

Old November 19th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck

Jay, have you seen some of the textbook prices at colleges lately?
Well over 100 is common. Why, you can almost buy a wingful of fuel for
the price of a book (I offer that as a way for you to think about
costs when son goes off to school).

Good point. It always amazes me that I can buy the autobiography of
Neil Armstrong for $6.98 at Barnes & Noble, or the story of the Enola
Gay for $9.97, but a book on Pre-Calculus is over $100.

To me, the value of these books is obviously inverted, but I suppose
that's my bias towards a liberal arts degree showing...

Since your Inn has been overbooked the last bunch of weekends, you can
start saving for the books by increasing the rack rate a little!

We NEVER overbook. Only bottom-feeding, scum-sucking big-box chains
pull that kind of crap. Of course, in return, we actually expect
people to show up -- and charge the crap out of them when they don't.
But that's the trade off...
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
Old November 19th 07, 02:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

"Overbooked" was a poor choice of a word, wait listed would have been
better phrase.

The point about pricing is valid, though. If you consistantly are
having requests for 30% more rooms than you physically have, adjusting
the price upward would be profitable. Airlines base prices on demand,
you offer an aviation themed facility. . .

Some academic institutions are actually addressing the cost of text
books. Unless the field is very dynamic, basic texts should be used
for quite a few years. Dynamic fields and grad schools often use
journal articles rather than books -- those fields are moving targets.

Old November 19th 07, 03:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.music.led-zeppelin,alt.music.the-doors

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 01:13:10 +0100, Mxsmanic wrote:

Alric Knebel writes:

How about this one?

**** off.

I count two. Neither can be copyrighted.

nyuk. Yep, he's a dunce alright.

Murray Smith (Pro Pilot)-Squeezing Together a Love of Writing and Aviation Mergatroide Owning 0 January 18th 05 07:09 AM
To the guy writing the heli lesson diary: helicopterandy Rotorcraft 15 September 15th 04 02:49 AM
Kerry, in 1971, Admitted Writing Combat Reports Fred the Red Shirt Military Aviation 0 September 1st 04 08:57 PM
Sky writing Piloting 14 July 15th 04 10:23 AM
Some excellent writing about dwindling numbers Stewart Kissel Soaring 2 November 10th 03 02:24 AM