More questions on VFR flight following.

Old January 7th 08, 01:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default More questions on VFR flight following.

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

John Mazor writes:

There are both types because some take a prescriptive approach.

Prescriptive grammars and dictionaries are primarily intended for
schoolchildren and foreign-speaking students of the language.

BTW, English teachers know the difference between "then" and "than".

And how to spell _terminology_, too, if keeping score is important to
you.

He's not an english teacher.

But then, neither are you, luser boi

Bertie
Old January 7th 08, 01:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
d.g.s.

On 1/6/2008 5:39 PM Mxsmanic ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

Dictionaries are descriptive, as a general rule.

You whine repeatedly about how you come to this newsgroup to discuss
aviation, and whine about people not doing so.

What does this have to do with aviation?

I already have a number of dictionaries. Once purchased, they cost nothing
further.

What does this have to do with aviation?

If you can't be bothered discussing aviation here - LEAVE!
Old January 7th 08, 02:04 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"d.g.s." wrote in
:

On 1/6/2008 5:39 PM Mxsmanic ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

Dictionaries are descriptive, as a general rule.

You whine repeatedly about how you come to this newsgroup to discuss
aviation, and whine about people not doing so.

What does this have to do with aviation?

I already have a number of dictionaries. Once purchased, they cost
nothing further.

What does this have to do with aviation?

If you can't be bothered discussing aviation here - LEAVE!

He can't he doesn;t know anythign about it.

Bertie

Old January 7th 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
John Mazor writes:

There are both types because some take a prescriptive approach.

Prescriptive grammars and dictionaries are primarily intended for
schoolchildren and foreign-speaking students of the language.

Nonsense. Many of them are considered major, authoritative sources. Adult
English-speaking writers use them all the time. I know many who do just that.

But even if you were correct, you've now admitted that your original claim was wrong.

BTW, English teachers know the difference between "then" and "than".

And how to spell _terminology_, too, if keeping score is important to you.

It's not. But you're the one who claims to be a teacher of the language.

Old January 7th 08, 02:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Viperdoc

It must be close to 0300 in France- Anthony, don't you have to get up for
work in the morning?

Oh wait, I forgot, you don't work, either.

Old January 7th 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
John Mazor[_2_]

"Viperdoc" wrote in message
. net...

It must be close to 0300 in France- Anthony, don't you have to get up for work in the
morning?

He posts at those hours fairly frequently.

Oh wait, I forgot, you don't work, either.

Well, he is a self-employed full-time troll, if that counts.

Old January 7th 08, 03:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig601XLBuilder

Mxsmanic wrote:

I spend a lot of time on simulation because I like to fly.

No you have no experience in flying so you have no frame of reference to
say you enjoy it. As a matter of fact you have stated here many many
times that you don't like many if not most of the sensory inputs you
would have to put up with to fly.

So what you like to do is simulate flying and guess what? That activity
has its very own newsgroup.
Old January 7th 08, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Gig601XLBuilder" wrote in message
Mxsmanic wrote:

I spend a lot of time on simulation because I like to fly.

No you have no experience in flying so you have no frame of reference to
say you enjoy it. As a matter of fact you have stated here many many times
that you don't like many if not most of the sensory inputs you would have
to put up with to fly.

So what you like to do is simulate flying and guess what? That activity
has its very own newsgroup.

Could somebody please explain to me why anybody responds to Mxsmanic's
messages? I killfiled him long ago, but I can't filter the responses to his
messages that clutter these forums.

Flight Questions Jed Piloting 32 September 15th 07 03:12 PM
flight level questions [email protected] Instrument Flight Rules 1 August 14th 06 09:13 PM
Yesterday's IFR flight with questions A Lieberman Instrument Flight Rules 30 November 23rd 05 10:31 PM
Nice Surprize During Pre Flight, And A Few Odd Questions MRQB Owning 12 March 24th 04 11:26 PM
IFR flight in MSFS '98 questions Sydney Hoeltzli Simulators 9 July 31st 03 12:05 AM