B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber Crash Video

Old June 7th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
G Paleologopoulos

Default B-2 Spirit Stealth Bomber Crash Video

Ο "Larry Dighera" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
.................................................. .
Abort takeoff?

Is that the appropriate response when the computer issues that warning
message?

It appears that they were just about to leave the runway when the
computer issued that warning.

Did adequate runway remain to abort the takeoff ?

Well, an adequate length remained for a comfortable crash-and-burn with twin
ejections with major injuries.

Old June 8th 08, 12:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Le Chaud Lapin

On Jun 7, 3:57*pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 10:10:13 -0700 (PDT), Le Chaud Lapin
wrote in
:

On Jun 7, 12:02*pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 07:57:57 -0700 (PDT), Le Chaud Lapin
wrote in
"Step 38...when flying $1.4 billion aircraft and computer warns you
that something is wrong, listen to it."

What you suggest that the pilots may have done as a result of that
computer warning?

Abort takeoff?

Is that the appropriate response when the computer issues that warning
message? *

It appears that they were just about to leave the runway when the
computer issued that warning. *

Did adequate runway remain to abort the takeoff ?

Hmm...that's a good question. Not being a pilot, I cannot say, but
from the video, the firestreak of the crash looks extremely long, even
for a 300,000lb+ aircraft. Also, it stated that IAS of 120mph was, in
fact, much less, so conservatively, we could say 110mph.

Not sure if that is slow enough, but again, that runway looks very
long.

-Le Chaud Lapin-
Old June 8th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_24_]

Le Chaud Lapin wrote in news:ed9fb806-990a-4a04-
:

[...]

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're certainly not
qualified to comment on the decisions made by a B2 crew.

Bertie

Bertie

Old June 8th 08, 02:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
DaveB[_2_]

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 23:51:40 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

[...]

and I suppose you are?
Daveb
Old June 8th 08, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

wrote:

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're certainly not
qualified to comment on the decisions made by a B2 crew.

Bertie

and I suppose you are?

He's a legend in his own mind.

Old June 8th 08, 10:32 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

(DaveB) wrote in news:484b31b1.10455013
@news.dslextreme.com:

wrote:

Le Chaud Lapin wrote in news:ed9fb806-990a-

4a04-
:

On Jun 7, 3:57*pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 10:10:13 -0700 (PDT), Le Chaud Lapin
wrote in
61c1a6af-039c-4061-8d8a-97de48696...

@r66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

[...]

Nope. Never flew one. I know enough to know he's not qualified to say
why Mary Jane fell off her tricycle, though.

Bertie
Old June 8th 08, 10:33 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,alt.usenet.kooks,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:IcH2k.4557$t07.4251
@newsfe22.lga:

wrote:

You have no idea what you're talking about. You're certainly not
qualified to comment on the decisions made by a B2 crew.

Bertie

and I suppose you are?

He's a legend in his own mind.

As well as on Borneo and also in Manhattan where I have broken many three
card trick hustlers

Bertie

Old June 8th 08, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Maxwell[_2_]

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message

Nope. Never flew one. I know enough to know he's not qualified to say
why Mary Jane fell off her tricycle, though.

I would seriously doubt it, unless you caused it. But then you would lie
about it.

Old June 8th 08, 03:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Big John

----clip----

The $1.4 billion aircraft crashed just off the left side of the
runway and exploded. It was the first-ever B-2 crash and followed
75,000 hours of loss-free service. Link and Grieve both suffered
injuries during ejection, with Grieve suffering compression
fractures to his spine.

I ejected in 1968 and got a compression fracture. Seat was one of the
original seats first used in Jets. It used a 37 mm shell for energy
and the 'g' forces peaked just after firing with the high 'G' causing
the back damage.

Current seats have longer application of thrust and peak 'G' on pilot
is much less (smooth ride).

I'm surprised one of the pilots got a compression fracture unless it
was ground contact.

Big John