Heathrow = Thrust Reversers deployed

Old January 19th 08, 06:42 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Eeyore[_2_]

Default Heathrow = Thrust Reversers deployed

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Eeyore wrote

How about digital equipment failure (soft or hard)? No, I'm not
777 qualified.

That seems a possibility although how 2 independent systems (one FADEC
on each engine) would fail like that is seriously puzzling. Did they
possibly have a recent firmware upgrade ? That's given problems in the
past.

Nope.

Yes it has.

Graham

Old January 19th 08, 07:21 AM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Eeyore[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Eeyore wrote
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Eeyore wrote

How about digital equipment failure (soft or hard)? No, I'm not
777 qualified.

That seems a possibility although how 2 independent systems (one FADEC
on each engine) would fail like that is seriously puzzling. Did they
possibly have a recent firmware upgrade ? That's given problems in the
past.

Nope.

Yes it has.

Where's my money

Where are your answers ?

Graham

Old January 19th 08, 08:54 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Eeyore wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Eeyore wrote
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Eeyore wrote

How about digital equipment failure (soft or hard)? No, I'm
not 777 qualified.

That seems a possibility although how 2 independent systems (one
FADEC on each engine) would fail like that is seriously
puzzling. Did they possibly have a recent firmware upgrade ?
That's given problems in the past.

Nope.

Yes it has.

Where's my money

Where are your answers ?

Where's my money? This ain't no charity, wannabe boi.

Bertie

Old January 19th 08, 09:09 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Eeyore[_2_]

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Eeyore wrote
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Eeyore wrote

How about digital equipment failure (soft or hard)? No, I'm not
777 qualified.

That seems a possibility although how 2 independent systems (one FADEC
on each engine) would fail like that is seriously puzzling. Did they
possibly have a recent firmware upgrade ? That's given problems in the
past.

Nope.

Yes it has.

Nope.

This PROVES you WRONG !

"We have received a report of two occurrences of engine thrust rollback
(reduction) during takeoff on Boeing Model 777-300ER series airplanes powered
by GE Model GE90-115B engines.

Investigation indicates that these events are the results of a software
algorithm in the FADEC that was introduced in software version A.0.4.5
(GE90-100 Service Bulletin 730021). "

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...d!OpenDocument

Graham

Old January 19th 08, 09:10 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Eeyore wrote in
:

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Eeyore wrote
Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Eeyore wrote

How about digital equipment failure (soft or hard)? No, I'm
not 777 qualified.

That seems a possibility although how 2 independent systems (one
FADEC on each engine) would fail like that is seriously
puzzling. Did they possibly have a recent firmware upgrade ?
That's given problems in the past.

Nope.

Yes it has.

Nope.

This PROVES you WRONG !

"We have received a report of two occurrences of engine thrust
rollback (reduction) during takeoff on Boeing Model 777-300ER series
airplanes powered by GE Model GE90-115B engines.

Investigation indicates that these events are the results of a
software algorithm in the FADEC that was introduced in software
version A.0.4.5 (GE90-100 Service Bulletin 730021). "

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...y/rgAD.nsf/075

7
7b0b9213888985256930005117ca/0dd44fe2beb1f516862571f9006b5dad!

OpenDocum
ent

Nope, it doesn't.

Wannabe boi.

Bertie
Old January 19th 08, 11:26 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Eeyore writes:

This PROVES you WRONG !

"We have received a report of two occurrences of engine thrust rollback
(reduction) during takeoff on Boeing Model 777-300ER series airplanes powered
by GE Model GE90-115B engines.

Investigation indicates that these events are the results of a software
algorithm in the FADEC that was introduced in software version A.0.4.5
(GE90-100 Service Bulletin 730021). "

I thought the BA 777 had Rolls-Royce engines.
Old January 19th 08, 11:30 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Eeyore writes:

This PROVES you WRONG !

"We have received a report of two occurrences of engine thrust
rollback (reduction) during takeoff on Boeing Model 777-300ER series
airplanes powered by GE Model GE90-115B engines.

Investigation indicates that these events are the results of a
software algorithm in the FADEC that was introduced in software
version A.0.4.5 (GE90-100 Service Bulletin 730021). "

I thought the BA 777 had Rolls-Royce engines.

What does your's have? radio shack speakers?

Bertie

Old January 19th 08, 11:39 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Eeyore[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:

Eeyore writes:

This PROVES you WRONG !

"We have received a report of two occurrences of engine thrust rollback
(reduction) during takeoff on Boeing Model 777-300ER series airplanes powered
by GE Model GE90-115B engines.

Investigation indicates that these events are the results of a software
algorithm in the FADEC that was introduced in software version A.0.4.5
(GE90-100 Service Bulletin 730021). "

I thought the BA 777 had Rolls-Royce engines.

It does. But both the relevant RR and GE engines use FADEC which requires software.
Neither engine has a mechanical throttle. It's controlled ENTIRELY by electronics.

My comment doesn't relate to who made the rotating machinery, but the opportunity
for a software induced failure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FADEC

Graham

Old January 19th 08, 11:42 PM posted to alt.disasters.aviation,rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_22_]

Eeyore wrote in
:

Mxsmanic wrote:

Eeyore writes:

This PROVES you WRONG !

"We have received a report of two occurrences of engine thrust
rollback (reduction) during takeoff on Boeing Model 777-300ER
series airplanes powered by GE Model GE90-115B engines.

Investigation indicates that these events are the results of a
software algorithm in the FADEC that was introduced in software
version A.0.4.5 (GE90-100 Service Bulletin 730021). "

I thought the BA 777 had Rolls-Royce engines.

It does. But both the relevant RR and GE engines use FADEC which
requires software. Neither engine has a mechanical throttle. It's
controlled ENTIRELY by electronics.

My comment doesn't relate to who made the rotating machinery, but the
opportunity for a software induced failure.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FADEC

Wow, a clueless-clueless connection. These are always entertaining!

Bertie