General Tibbets Goes West

Old November 8th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Default General Tibbets Goes West

C J Campbell wrote in

On 2007-11-07 13:47:20 -0800, Bertie the Bunyip said:

C J Campbell wrote in

On 2007-11-07 08:30:34 -0800, "RST Engineering"
said:

You are correct. It took over 50 years for the USA to elect an
administration that committed atrocities on a par with the Axis
powers.

Jim

While there is a modicum of truth in that, the Allied nations did
not as policy commit the atrocities of the Axis powers.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.

The frequency with which you and others fall victim to Godwin's law
when talking about the current administration reveals complete moral
and intellectual bankruptcy.

Well, godwin's law is susppended when you're actually talking about a
tinpot little dictator.

In that event, it is not suspended here.

Well, onl technically. Geroge W Bush isn't bright enough to stand still
long enough tot be a doorstop, never mind a dicatator.

In some future forum, it;s not hard to see Godwin's law revised to
include any mention of the current administration (and it's lost boys
like Rumsfeld)

Bertie

If that ever happens, Godwin's law would be revised to say that the
probability of someone being compared to a Nazi at the beginning of
any thread is approaching one.

Yeh, Ok..

Bertie

Old November 8th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

RST Engineering wrote:
You are correct. It took over 50 years for the USA to elect an
administration that committed atrocities on a par with the Axis powers.

Yes, but Bill has been out of office for some time now so it is time to
let it go.

Matt
Old November 8th 07, 02:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Matt Whiting wrote in news:siuYi.649$2n4.23813
@news1.epix.net:

RST Engineering wrote:
You are correct. It took over 50 years for the USA to elect an
administration that committed atrocities on a par with the Axis powers.

Yes, but Bill has been out of office for some time now so it is time to
let it go.

Care to get specific there?

Or are you just one of the anal retentive types that equates oral sex with
attempted genocide?

Bertie

Old November 8th 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
news.verizon.net[_2_]

How about his inaction in Rwanda and his arming the Kosovo Liberation Army,
a group that was founded Osama Bin Laden?

Let's face it, this administration does not have a corner on poor decisions,
we have that problem for a very long time.

Google is your friend.

.. .

Old November 8th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

"news.verizon.net" wrote in
newsRvYi.5272$lx.978@trndny05:

How about his inaction in Rwanda and his arming the Kosovo Liberation
Army, a group that was founded Osama Bin Laden?

Let's face it, this administration does not have a corner on poor
decisions, we have that problem for a very long time.

Well, a people get the government they deserve..

Google is your friend.

No it isn't. I choose my own friends, thank you.

Bertie

Old November 8th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
C J Campbell[_1_]

RST Engineering wrote:
You are correct. It took over 50 years for the USA to elect an
administration that committed atrocities on a par with the Axis powers.

Yes, but Bill has been out of office for some time now so it is time to
let it go.

Care to get specific there?

Or are you just one of the anal retentive types that equates oral sex with
attempted genocide?

Bertie

Quite honestly, I have neither time nor patience to deal with ignorant
loons who insist on spouting the vile obscenity that the US is like
Nazi Germany -- and then they insist that this is patriotism. These
people are extremely dishonest or abysmally ignorant of what Nazi
Germany was really like -- probably both. The very fact that they are
free to compare the US to Nazi Germany ought to prove them wrong. If
they had tried publicly saying that kind of stuff in Nazi Germany they
would have found out the true meaning of Himmler's "night and fog"
order.

Frankly, if declaring "Bush is a Nazi" and equating waterboarding with
flaying a man alive are all that the Democrats have to offer on
national security, they will lose the next election by a resounding
margin, and deservedly so. They will probably blame it on the public,
saying that people were not ready for a woman President or some such
tripe. It never occurs to them that name-calling is not a substitute
for policy or that treason is not a substitute for governing. They say
nothing that would have been out of character for Lord Haw Haw or Tokyo
Rose, and they act like this in time of war, giving aid and comfort to
those who would like nothing better than to kill them. FDR would never
have tolerated it.

They do not even see their own intemperance. The language they are
using was once cause for mortal duels, if not war. There are limits to
what people will tolerate, and these guys passed those limits long ago.

I see no reason to continue reading posts from people who have lost all
sense of civility. I do not have to expose myself to their obscene
assertion that the US is like Nazi Germany. It has been a long time
since they had anything worthwhile to contribute, anyway.

I started this thread to honor the memory of a man who was a genuine
hero. He did more for the good of humanity than the sum of all of his
critics will manage in their entire lives. The least I can do is invoke
Godwin's law and declare the thread closed.
--
Waddling Eagle
World Famous Flight Instructor

Old November 8th 07, 05:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

C J Campbell wrote in

On 2007-11-07 20:00:20 -0800, "news.verizon.net"

RST Engineering wrote:
You are correct. It took over 50 years for the USA to elect an
administration that committed atrocities on a par with the Axis
powers.

Yes, but Bill has been out of office for some time now so it is
time to let it go.

Care to get specific there?

Or are you just one of the anal retentive types that equates oral
sex with attempted genocide?

Bertie

Quite honestly, I have neither time nor patience to deal with ignorant
loons who insist on spouting the vile obscenity that the US is like
Nazi Germany -- and then they insist that this is patriotism.

I said nothing of the sort.

I said he was an idiot and I said nothing irreverant about Paul Tibbets
nor would I.

I did say that George Bush is an idiot, and he is.

I also think that the war in Irag is a criminal one, which makes him and
his buddies criminals.
in fact, Rumsfeld had best watch where he spends his next vacation, lest
he end up in the Hague.

Bertie

Old November 8th 07, 09:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bertie the Bunyip[_19_]

Nomen Nescio wrote in
:

From: Bertie the Bunyip

Or are you just one of the anal retentive types that equates oral sex
with attempted genocide?

Well,.........Technically.............

Good man! I wondered as I wrote that if anyone would pick it up.

Bertie
Old November 8th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Matt Whiting

RST Engineering wrote:
You are correct. It took over 50 years for the USA to elect an
administration that committed atrocities on a par with the Axis powers.

Yes, but Bill has been out of office for some time now so it is time to
let it go.

Care to get specific there?

Or are you just one of the anal retentive types that equates oral sex with
attempted genocide?

Bertie

I was as specific as was the email to which I replied.

Matt
Old November 8th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Cubdriver

On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 11:21:21 -0800, C J Campbell
wrote:

You are correct. It took over 50 years for the USA to elect an
administration that committed atrocities on a par with the Axis powers.

Um, 50 years from 1941 was 1991, the GWH Bush administration, and 50
years from 1945 was 1995, the Clinton administration. Which one did
you have in mind?

Blue skies! -- Dan Ford

Claire Chennault and His American Volunteers, 1941-1942
new from HarperCollins www.FlyingTigersBook.com

General Jack Keane (who is in touch with General Petreaus) is a JINSA Neocon associated traitor to the Constitution [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 September 11th 07 04:22 AM
D.C. anti-war rally on C-SPAN today at 8:15 AM on the west coast of US and at 11:15 AM on east coast - President Carter at Brandeis on C-SPAN 2's 'Book TV' today at 12:30 PM (on the west coast and at 3:30 PM on the east coast): [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 January 27th 07 02:18 PM
Gone West... Jim Home Built 27 January 13th 07 07:28 PM
New Plan: Can tow glider West from upper midwest to the west (MEV or ?) [email protected] Soaring 0 April 9th 05 12:48 AM
Col. Tibbets on the B-26 Marauder ArtKramr Military Aviation 9 June 10th 04 02:13 PM