What a Long Flight

Old February 20th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default What a Long Flight

Just got up from a few hour nap was a super long flight. next stop
Malta, Luxor, then Qatar

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66032
Old February 20th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

On Feb 20, 12:42*pm, wrote:
Just got up from a few hour nap was a super long flight. next stop
Malta, Luxor, then Qatar

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66032

Would be great if we could get a "bird's eye view" of your approaches
and take offs at these remote places.

Wil
Old February 20th 08, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

wrote in message
Just got up from a few hour nap was a super long flight. next stop
Malta, Luxor, then Qatar

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66032

Ferry flights sound very interesting and cool (though I wouldn't be real
excited about going to the Middle East), maybe I'll do that in my next life.

Old February 21st 08, 12:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

On Feb 20, 2:15*pm, William Hung wrote:
On Feb 20, 12:42*pm, wrote:

Just got up from a few hour nap was a super long flight. next stop
Malta, Luxor, then Qatar

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66032

Would be great if we could get a "bird's eye view" of your approaches
and take offs at these remote places.

Wil

I assume it's not legal to take passengers on these flights. However,
could a second pilot go along even if the aircraft did not technically
_require_ two pilots? I have a feeling many of us would love to have
that "once-in-a lifetime" opportunity to ride along on one of these,
and perhaps be somewhat helpful to the PIC along the way...

--Dan
Old February 21st 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin Hotze[_2_]

William Hung schrieb:
On Feb 20, 12:42 pm, wrote:
Just got up from a few hour nap was a super long flight. next stop
Malta, Luxor, then Qatar

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66032

Would be great if we could get a "bird's eye view" of your approaches
and take offs at these remote places.

what's remote about Malta or Luxor?

#m
--
"I have to say the biggest threat comes from overseas, and one
of the places we are increasingly worried about is Europe."
Old February 21st 08, 03:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 20, 12:42*pm, wrote:

Just got up from a few hour nap was a super long flight. next stop
Malta, Luxor, then Qatar

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66032

Would be great if we could get a "bird's eye view" of your approaches
and take offs at these remote places.

Wil

I assume it's not legal to take passengers on these flights. *However,
could a second pilot go along even if the aircraft did not technically
_require_ two pilots? *I have a feeling many of us would love to have
that "once-in-a lifetime" opportunity to ride along on one of these,
and perhaps be somewhat helpful to the PIC along the way...

*--Dan

A second pilot (Must Be Instrument Rated) can come along and help fly
as required crew. And a large bank account to cover their expenses.
Old February 21st 08, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 20, 9:42*pm, "Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com wrote:
wrote in message

Just got up from a few hour nap was a super long flight. next stop
Malta, Luxor, then Qatar

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66032

Ferry flights sound very interesting and cool (though I wouldn't be real
excited about going to the Middle East), maybe I'll do that in my next life.

Middle east is fun place, Just dont be gung ho pro american sporting a
flag on your shirt and braging how great a country you think it is.
know how to see and adapt and you are ok.

Some other export pilot took my epirb and immersion suit in bangor I
found out who he was he just bought himself $1,100 worth of equipment
as I had to buy new to go really ticked me off...
Old February 21st 08, 04:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan[_1_]

On Feb 20, 12:42*pm, wrote:

Just got up from a few hour nap was a super long flight. next stop
Malta, Luxor, then Qatar

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N66032

Would be great if we could get a "bird's eye view" of your approaches
and take offs at these remote places.

Wil

I assume it's not legal to take passengers on these flights. *However,
could a second pilot go along even if the aircraft did not technically
_require_ two pilots? *I have a feeling many of us would love to have
that "once-in-a lifetime" opportunity to ride along on one of these,
and perhaps be somewhat helpful to the PIC along the way...

*--Dan

A second pilot (Must Be Instrument Rated) can come along and help fly
as required crew. And a large bank account to cover their expenses.- Hide quoted text -

Expenses such as - food and hotel? Would one need to purchase a
survival suit (or any other equipment)?

--Dan

Old February 21st 08, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

"Dan" wrote in message

On Feb 20, 12:42 pm, wrote:

[...]

Don't forget the commercial flight home!

Old February 22nd 08, 11:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Feb 20, 12:42*pm, wrote:

[...]

*--Dan- Hide quoted text -

Yea, survival suit and epirb... food, lodging, airfare, ground
transportation, customs fee´s, etc. it adds up rather quickly.

Long flight Thomas Knauff Soaring 3 June 14th 06 03:34 PM
Long flight today... Steve R. Rotorcraft 1 October 21st 04 11:16 PM
returned to flight (a little long) Matt Whiting Instrument Flight Rules 7 June 1st 04 01:40 PM
Long flight plan David Rind Piloting 24 November 21st 03 05:12 PM
First flight with my wife! (long) Wily Wapiti Piloting 8 August 30th 03 05:57 PM