Glider pilots are in vogue - Azzaro Chrome Ads

Old May 16th 10, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Taylor

Default Glider pilots are in vogue - Azzaro Chrome Ads

My hip daughter (no it does not rub off on her father) pointed out the
ad in the latest Vanity Fair (June 2010).

http://www.azzaroparis.com/news/blog...orporate-image

I did a search and found a video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZKD5TE3tHI

Old May 16th 10, 07:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brian Whatcott

Tim Taylor wrote:
My hip daughter (no it does not rub off on her father) pointed out the
ad in the latest Vanity Fair (June 2010).

http://www.azzaroparis.com/news/blog...orporate-image

I did a search and found a video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZKD5TE3tHI

A sample of the blurb....

"Paying tribute to this complicity synonymous with handing down and
sharing values, Chrome celebrates the joy of living, authentic feelings
and powerful moments that bond father and son.

In the heart of a salt lake in South Africa, an invitation to escape, in
the purity of an immaculate and infinite space, tinged with azure. A mirage.

A glider, light as a graceful bird. A simple, strong story, the story of
a special shared moment, a moment of real reciprocity between a father,
the airman hero, initiating his son, his admirer.

A rare moment, charged with emotion, between strength and softness, like
the woody aquatic freshness, revitalizing and soothing, of this getaway
fragrance. "

....about as overpowering as the scent, I imagine? :-)

Brian W
Old May 16th 10, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Finegan

...about as overpowering as the scent, I imagine? * *:-)

Brian W

A display of this caught my eye as well traversing Macy's. This
untrained nose was unable to distinguish between this and several
other brands. Nice ad, though.
Old May 17th 10, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ralph Jones[_2_]

Let me get this straight. This stuff can overpower the smell of a
glider pilot after a long flight over the desert?

Must be pretty potent. Probably has to be handled under HAZMAT
rules...;-)

rj

Old May 17th 10, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Grider Pirate

wrote:
My hip daughter (no it does not rub off on her father) pointed out the
ad in the latest Vanity Fair (June 2010).

http://www.azzaroparis.com/news/blog...ure-for-chrome...

I did a search and found a video as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZKD5TE3tHI- Hide quoted text -

If it will actually cover the smell of a glider pilot after a long
flight over the deser, they're going to sell a lot, to pilots 'crews'.
Old May 17th 10, 04:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jsbrake[_2_]

So... Dad is initiating the Son... presumably to aviation. Why, then,
is Dad carrying a chute and none is in evidence for the boy?