canopy covers

Old February 8th 12, 10:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

Default canopy covers

I am looking to have a custom canopy cover made for my new sailplane.
Any recommendations for a Sunbrella type cover?

thanks,
Brad
Old February 8th 12, 11:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bravovictor

On Feb 8, 2:20*pm, Brad wrote:
I am looking to have a custom canopy cover made for my new sailplane.
Any recommendations for a Sunbrella type cover?

thanks,
Brad

Shouldn't you be making your own?

Bob

Old February 8th 12, 11:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Feb 8, 3:20*pm, bravovictor wrote:
On Feb 8, 2:20*pm, Brad wrote:

I am looking to have a custom canopy cover made for my new sailplane.
Any recommendations for a Sunbrella type cover?

thanks,
Brad

Shouldn't you be making your own?

Bob

ha...........I know my limitations: after weaving carbon, formulating
epoxy, building my own autoclave and crafting my own carbon
pultrusions I believe I'm tapped out!

Brad
Old February 9th 12, 05:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
aerodyne

On Feb 8, 2:20*pm, Brad wrote:

I am looking to have a custom canopy cover made for my new sailplane.
Any recommendations for a Sunbrella type cover?

thanks,
Brad

Shouldn't you be making your own?

Bob

ha...........I know my limitations: after weaving carbon, formulating
epoxy, building my own autoclave and crafting my own carbon
pultrusions I believe I'm tapped out!

Brad

Try Bruces Covers in CA - much better and cheaper than the the other
ones, IMO.
Old February 9th 12, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

On Feb 8, 3:35*pm, Brad wrote:

ha...........I know my limitations: after weaving carbon, formulating
epoxy, building my own autoclave and crafting my own carbon
pultrusions I believe I'm tapped out!

Don't forget the sand we melted to make fiberglass...

Bob K.

Old February 9th 12, 07:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
svelusive

On Feb 8, 2:20*pm, Brad wrote:
I am looking to have a custom canopy cover made for my new sailplane.
Any recommendations for a Sunbrella type cover?

thanks,
Brad

Give Iris Striedieck a call at Ridge Sewing. A very well made, high
quality custom cover. It will fit perfectly and last practically
forever.

http://www.ridgesewing.com/about-us.htm

Steve
Old February 9th 12, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Brad[_2_]

On Feb 9, 11:39*am, svelusive wrote:
On Feb 8, 2:20*pm, Brad wrote:

I am looking to have a custom canopy cover made for my new sailplane.
Any recommendations for a Sunbrella type cover?

thanks,
Brad

Give Iris Striedieck a call at Ridge Sewing. *A very well made, high
quality custom cover. *It will fit perfectly and last practically
forever.

http://www.ridgesewing.com/about-us.htm

Steve

All, Iris will not make a custom canopy cover, and I don't want to try
and adapt an existing cover to fit my fuselage. I do have a nice
cotton cover for a pattern, and am looking in to other options.

Thanks,
Brad
Old February 10th 12, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
aerodyne

All, Iris will not make a custom canopy cover, and I don't want to try
and adapt an existing cover to fit my fuselage. I do have a nice
cotton cover for a pattern, and am looking in to other options.

Thanks,
Brad

3 covers we got from Iris were inferior to the Bruce product, and cost
more with longer lead time...They did not hold up well to the desrt
environment.
Old February 10th 12, 01:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I've never heard of Bruce. What is his brand? Does he have a web site?
Just curious.

Paul Remde

Old February 10th 12, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Clear

In article , Paul Remde wrote:
Hi,

I've never heard of Bruce. What is his brand? Does he have a web site?
Just curious.

The brand is just Bruce's Custom Covers. http://www.aircraftcovers.com/

John
--
John Clear - http://www.clear-prop.org/

SimplyKool Metallic Canopy Covers Paul Remde Soaring 5 August 20th 11 02:27 PM
Seeking canopy covers for V2C [email protected] Soaring 3 September 28th 05 03:51 AM
re Canopy Covers culverflyer Soaring 1 June 29th 05 04:43 AM
Canopy Covers [email protected] Soaring 1 June 29th 05 12:07 AM
Canopy and Wing Covers Reid & Julie Baldwin Owning 19 November 15th 03 12:58 AM