The Rec.Aviation "Rogue's Gallery" keeps growing...

Old December 9th 03, 03:16 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 02:32:01 GMT, "Jay Honeck"
wrote:

OK, this might be a bit of a delayed reaction but...

I love the pic of Ron's Fly Baby with the speed mods :-)

Good thing I wasn't drinking when I saw it!

Isn't that great? Some guys have way too much time to play with
Photoshop.... ;-)

One thing I forgot to mention. My airplane has a baggage door in the
turtledeck, right behind the pilot's shoulders. Several years back, I
replaced the blank piece of wood with a "sandwich" of 1/8" ply and lexan.
I can print out banners using my ink jet and install them in a matter of
minutes. I usually design a new one every year for the Arlington Fly-In.

My original door was a pinball-game backplane (from the famous Bally game,
"Fly Baby", complete with coin slot and score counters :-). The second was
a Fly Baby 40th Anniversary one. The one for last year features the
"supersonic" Fly Baby:

http://www.wanttaja.com/machbuster.jpg

....check out the list of "sponsors" on the right side. :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old December 9th 03, 03:29 AM
Ed Wischmeyer

And a good photographer...Ed Wischmeyer took that shot, with his wife Cindy
flying their C-175.

**blush**

Ed Wischmeyer
Old December 9th 03, 11:33 AM
Eric Miller

"Ron Wanttaja" wrote in message

BTW, I've collected several "enhanced" Fly Baby photos, plus some sketches
of could-have-been and never-were Fly Babies on my "Altered States" web
page:

http://www.wanttaja.com/flybaby/altered.htm

BTW, the P-26 cosmetic job is probably going to happen. I heard from a

guy
who has a Lambert radial and is looking for a Fly Baby....

Ron Wanttaja

Ron, I checked out your page, and what impressed me most was the pair of
pics from "Using Photoshop for Good, Not Evil".
It's really amazing just how much better the resulting pic is without the
Otter in the background!

Eric

Old December 12th 03, 09:18 PM
Jez

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention. My airplane has a baggage door in the
turtledeck, right behind the pilot's shoulders. Several years back, I
replaced the blank piece of wood with a "sandwich" of 1/8" ply and lexan.
I can print out banners using my ink jet and install them in a matter of
minutes. I usually design a new one every year for the Arlington Fly-In.

My original door was a pinball-game backplane (from the famous Bally game,
"Fly Baby", complete with coin slot and score counters :-). The second

was
a Fly Baby 40th Anniversary one. The one for last year features the
"supersonic" Fly Baby:

http://www.wanttaja.com/machbuster.jpg

...check out the list of "sponsors" on the right side. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Jeremy replies:

Hey! How come a certain "Z Campbell" is now a Brit? (see list of witnesses
to Ron's supersonic Fly Baby record).

I reckon you guys over that side of the pond might just be trying to
distance yourselves from that disreputable bit of pond life :-)

Jeremy
Salisbury
UK

Old December 13th 03, 01:48 AM
Eric Miller

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
One thing I forgot to mention. My airplane has a baggage door in the
turtledeck, right behind the pilot's shoulders. Several years back, I
replaced the blank piece of wood with a "sandwich" of 1/8" ply and lexan.
I can print out banners using my ink jet and install them in a matter of
minutes. I usually design a new one every year for the Arlington Fly-In.

My original door was a pinball-game backplane (from the famous Bally game,
"Fly Baby", complete with coin slot and score counters :-). The second

was
a Fly Baby 40th Anniversary one. The one for last year features the
"supersonic" Fly Baby:

http://www.wanttaja.com/machbuster.jpg

...check out the list of "sponsors" on the right side. :-)

Ron Wanttaja

Ron, just how much Turtle Wax did you have to use to get your Fly Baby
supersonic?
....and if you can't trust the Iraqi Information Minister, who can you
trust?!?!?

=D

Eric