Increased life expectancy for Antares drive battery

Old December 11th 08, 12:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andor Holtsmark[_2_]

Default Increased life expectancy for Antares drive battery

Good news from Lange Aviation:
http://lange-aviation.com/htm/english/news/news.html

Cheers, Andor
Old December 11th 08, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_1_]

On 11 Dec 2008 12:30:03 GMT, Andor Holtsmark
wrote:

Good news from Lange Aviation:
http://lange-aviation.com/htm/english/news/news.html

Especially note the last sentence:

--- snip ---
The battery will also be used by the propulsion system of the self
launching Schempp-Hirth Arcus E. The propulsion system for the Arcus E
is based upon the proven propulsion for the Antares 20E, and it will
be installed by Lange Aviation.
--- snip ---

Looks like it's finally starting to become official.
The Arcus is going to be the flapped version of the Duo Discus.

Bye
Andreas
Old December 11th 08, 02:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

That is very interesting news. A flapped version of a DuoDiscus with an
electric power system. That is very intriguing. I had not heard of the
Arcus before. Can anyone back up that rumor?

Paul Remde

Old December 11th 08, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Paul Remde wrote:

That is very interesting news. A flapped version of a DuoDiscus with an
electric power system. That is very intriguing. I had not heard of the
Arcus before. Can anyone back up that rumor?

I would call the note on the Lange homepage more than a rumor.
Old December 11th 08, 02:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
lrbj

wrote:

Good news from Lange Aviation:
http://lange-aviation.com/htm/english/news/news.html

Especially note the last sentence:

--- snip ---
The battery will also be used by the propulsion system of the self
launching Schempp-Hirth Arcus E. The propulsion system for the Arcus E
is based upon the proven propulsion for the Antares 20E, and it will
be installed by Lange Aviation.
--- snip ---

Looks like it's finally starting to become official.
The Arcus is going to be the flapped version of the Duo Discus.

Bye
Andreas

It's not a rumor - SH has sent a "News Release" to their dealers late
November.
And - its not a "Flapped Duo" - the wing is completely new, but the
fuselage is the same as Duo xL and Nimbus-4DLM.
/Lars
Old December 11th 08, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Cool!

A very kind r.a.s. friend sent me a PDF with drawings of the Arcus. It looks
great!

Paul Remde

Old December 11th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer

On Thu, 11 Dec 2008 09:16:01 -0600, "Paul Remde"
wrote:

Cool!

A very kind r.a.s. friend sent me a PDF with drawings of the Arcus. It looks
great!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I still cannot get used to
this wing planform.

A 3-side view can befound he
http://ukjuniors.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-duo.html

.... although I don't know if it's already an official drawing.

Bye
Andreas
Old December 11th 08, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
sisu1a

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I still cannot get used to
this wing planform.

A 3-side view can befound hehttp://ukjuniors.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-duo.html

... although I don't know if it's already an official drawing.

Very exiting stuff, I also had no idea about this project. As the the
planform, it looks very seagull to me...bet it works like a champ!
Can't wait to see these ships gracing the skies.

-Paul
Old December 11th 08, 04:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Arnold[_2_]

wrote:

Cool!

A very kind r.a.s. friend sent me a PDF with drawings of the Arcus. It looks
great!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I still cannot get used to
this wing planform.

A 3-side view can befound he
http://ukjuniors.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-duo.html

... although I don't know if it's already an official drawing.

Bye
Andreas

Is there a higher resolution drawing out there?

Interesting that the first announcement of a new SH product appears on
the Lange webpage.
Old December 11th 08, 07:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

wrote:

Cool!

A very kind r.a.s. friend sent me a PDF with drawings of the Arcus. It looks
great!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder... I still cannot get used to
this wing planform.

A 3-side view can befound hehttp://ukjuniors.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-duo.html

... although I don't know if it's already an official drawing.

Bye
Andreas

I like the planform. A little retro, a little contemporary - plus you
gotta have forward sweep unless you want the back seater to sit on the
spar. The Duo planform is similar, with the tips swept back. The Arcus
seems a bit more radical in the sweep changes, but that could just be
due to a narrower chord, which it appears to have.

9B

Parachutes & life expectancy fredsez Soaring 16 March 18th 08 07:46 PM
Advertisment Increased the range Paul Buchanan Soaring 0 July 28th 06 06:32 AM
battery life Paul Feltz Soaring 9 December 6th 04 12:19 AM
Generator Life Expectancy Lockrdg Owning 5 July 19th 04 03:59 AM
Battery life...how to test? Jim Kelly Soaring 2 July 11th 03 09:12 PM