Introduction

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 15th 05, 10:38 PM
LCT Paintball

Default Introduction

Hi guys. I've been lurking for a day or two and I wanted to introduce
myself.

I've wanted to learn how to fly since before I could drive. Unfortunately,
I've never had enough extra money laying around to get me into the air. I
understand the air of flying, but I don't believe in it. All it really takes
to fly is lots and lots of money.

My money has been tied up in raising 4 children, and starting a small
business. I own a tool and die shop that specializes in building plastic
injection molds. After a few years of limping along, I expect to actually
make a little extra money this year. Hopefully, this will be the year that I
can start taking some flying lessons.

When I was a teenager, I had a good fried that was a rather famous captain
for TWA. He took me for a ride in his private plane, and even let me touch
the controls a little. I've been going crazy to get back in a small plane
ever since. He unfortunately died a few years ago, and my father married his
widow (who is also a pilot).

I ordered the private pilot CD's from Sporty's this week. I intend to study
up on them for the next month or two so I can hit the ground running when
I'm ready to start flying. Unfortunately there is only one small plane
(Cessna 150) for rent within 30 minutes of me that I can take my lessons in,
and fly after I get my certificate. I am considering buying a plane to use,
but am afraid of jumping in that deep because of my inexperience, and my
limited funds. Even if I had more experience, I couldn't afford a plane
large enough to haul my family of 6 in. ;( My kids are getting older, so
maybe a 172 will get me by.

I've got a few questions about home builds that your faq generated, but
they'll have to wait for another post. I look forward to getting to know you
guys a little better in the future.

Dave Lyon

--
"Don't be misled, bad company corrupts good character."
www.LCTPaintball.com