A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Kowbell

Old June 27th 16, 07:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Kowbell

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 10:06:34 AM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
I had longest distance with 199 miles to the northeast. Steve and Andrew both landed at Watonga, OK airport. I think Steve said about 145 miles. Jerry Boone in the Diamond Duster landed near Inman, KS, about 20 miles north.

Tony forgot to mention his excellent support team in the Screaming Eagles who trailed him by only 57 minutes. Cough Cough
Old June 27th 16, 08:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster

Default Kowbell

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 1:08:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I had longest distance with 199 miles to the northeast. Steve and Andrew both landed at Watonga, OK airport. I think Steve said about 145 miles. Jerry Boone in the Diamond Duster landed near Inman, KS, about 20 miles north.

Tony forgot to mention his excellent support team in the Screaming Eagles who trailed him by only 57 minutes. Cough Cough

They got props in my OLC Comments

Yes, Tim & Alex, forever known now as the Screaming Eagles, did a fine job figuring out the quickest way to get to where I would eventually land. Less than an hour after touchdown they pulled in the driveway and we were soon on the road back to Wichita.

At least if the three of us ever learn to play some musical instruments and sing, we have a band name. Kate & the Screaming Eagles
Old June 27th 16, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Kowbell

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 2:38:42 PM UTC-5, Tony wrote:
On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 1:08:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:

They got props in my OLC Comments

Yes, Tim & Alex, forever known now as the Screaming Eagles, did a fine job figuring out the quickest way to get to where I would eventually land. Less than an hour after touchdown they pulled in the driveway and we were soon on the road back to Wichita.

At least if the three of us ever learn to play some musical instruments and sing, we have a band name. Kate & the Screaming Eagles

Takes a bow. And we did a fine job of singing Taylor Swift
Old June 28th 16, 01:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK
external usenet poster

Default Kowbell

On Monday, June 27, 2016 at 7:50:09 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
So... Who won and what was the flight?

On 6/26/2016 5:59 PM, 6PK wrote:
On Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 4:00:44 PM UTC-7, Casey wrote:
What a neat meet. I was just wondering if and how many such meets like this are available.

Every summer weekend at the Crystal Squadron......

--
Dan, 5J

So far for the 2016 season; 13 flights and 4 diamonds straight out of Crystal, just getting started.
But than this is not a secret, just a dying breed, it has been going on for about 40 years plus.......
Old June 28th 16, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]
external usenet poster

Default Kowbell

I very much look forward to an opportunity to get to fly with the crystal squadron. Have met many of them and been there once but only on the ground.

Long time followers of RAS will know that free distance flying is where my heart is. You just can't beat the liberation that comes along with leaving home and trying to get as far away as possible!