I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 15th 08, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default I give up, after many, many years!

On May 14, 9:52 am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
You haven't been here long enough. Many times Mx or Le Chaud
Lapin will ask a question, get the right answer in a polite manner,
and then argue endlessly against that answer, belittling the teacher.

I have been here forever, and I have NEVER seen MX belittle anyone.

Not once.

Now, either that's because I don't read every, single thread MX responds to,
or it's because my definition of "belittling" differs from yours -- but I
have only seen polite responses from him in the face of some VERY demeaning
attacks.

There have been times, believe me, where we can get some
frustrated. If he isn't as bad as I made out, I apologize. But here's
an example of a reply from him about a year ago:

Viperdoc writes:
Hey Anthony you butthead- your basic premise is incorrect: the autopilot in
small planes (like the Baron I've flown for around 500 hours) does not do
coordinated turns. Just because there might be some anomalous behavior in
your game does not make is so in real life.

There is no anomaly in the game. The only anomaly I see is that
nobody here
knows the answer. Lots of people strutting about and claiming to be
experts,
and calling each other stupid, but nobody really knows, and that is
pretty
glaringly obvious to the observer.

However, so little rudder is needed at speed, it makes no difference if the
ball is halfway out, in terms of comfort.

Then my attempts to keep it centered with the rudder are not
necessary,
either.

Also, a standard rate turn is not
necessarily a coordinated turn, although some of your statements suggested
that you do not know the difference.

I know the difference.

As good as you might think it is, do not mistake the flying model of a $50
computer game with real flying. Your presumed knowledge and the basis of
your questions are obviously limited by the shortcomings of MSFS.

Do not assume that every anomaly is a simulator defect. The simulator
is a
lot better than you think. Indeed, it predicts the behavior of an
aircraft a
lot better than anyone here does.

End of quote.

A little presumptuous, maybe? Here's the whole thread if
interested:

http://groups.google.ca/group/rec.av...b9960ce?hl=en&

Dan
Old May 15th 08, 12:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Jay Honeck wrote:
You haven't been here long enough. Many times Mx or Le Chaud
Lapin will ask a question, get the right answer in a polite manner,
and then argue endlessly against that answer, belittling the teacher.

I have been here forever, and I have NEVER seen MX belittle anyone.

Not once.

I've never noticed him belittle individuals.

He belittles broad groups.

It makes him superior to the crowd to be able to say he never stoops
to personal attacks while catagorizing entire groups as stupid,
incompetent, lazy, etc.

That the groups he belittles are generally the majority of the readers
of the USENET groups he posts to is irrelevant.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.
Old May 15th 08, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Viperdoc writes:
Hey Anthony you butthead- your basic premise is incorrect:

MX's reply snipped

Yep, MX was out of line with his facts -- but in the face of a personal
attack like that ("you butthead"?), you've got to be fairly impressed with
his calm response. Some of the so-called pilots here would have
immediately defaulted to cuss words and insults.

MX is a lot of things -- impolite isn't one of them.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old May 15th 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
skym

On May 14, 10:17*am, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
Wow, you guys really filter-out Jay?

I can't decide whether to be disappointed...or honored.

Jay,

You and I are on the opposite ends of the political spectrum.
However, I respect your (nonpolitical) replies as contributory to the
group. Actually, MX usually asks relevant questions also, even though
he is a poseur. He isn't offensive. BtB is a loser who needs to get
a life. I encounter and hear from guys like him in my practice every
day. They are a dime a dozen. Ignore him; it's not worth your
time...really.
Old May 15th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.disasters.aviation.alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:AWHWj.2949$hJ1.583
@newsfe17.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

You;re a legend in your own mind.

Yes, i am.

Also in NZ.

Soon also in Okieland, i 'spect.

Bertie

Bertie
Old May 15th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:AWHWj.2950$hJ1.372
@newsfe17.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
.. .

Whoosh.

(Insert lame IKYABWAI lame here, Maxie)

Bertie

Keep your hollow head out of the wind, or wear ear muffs.

Well done. Now roll over.

Bertie

Old May 15th 08, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.cascade,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Default Cascade: Maxie so dumm he.....

"Maxwell" luv2^fly99@cox.^net wrote in news:uaHWj.17763$CE1.5989
@newsfe23.lga:

"Bertie the Bunyip" wrote in message
"Jay Honeck" wrote in

You haven't been here long enough. Many times Mx or Le Chaud
Lapin will ask a question, get the right answer in a polite manner,
and then argue endlessly against that answer, belittling the

teacher.

I have been here forever, and I have NEVER seen MX belittle anyone.

Not once.

I've seen him try, but of course, those went over your pointy head.

Now, either that's because I don't read every, single thread MX
responds to, or it's because my definition of "belittling" differs
from yours -- but I have only seen polite responses from him in the
face of some VERY demeaning attacks.

In this regard, he certainly doesn't fit the M.O. of most trolls.

You wouldn't know wat a troll was if it bit you in the nuts.

Bertie

Yeah, like you could, wanna boi.

Like I would. fjukktard.

Yew so dumm you don't know if you got nuts or bolts anyway.

Bertie
Old May 15th 08, 06:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Viperdoc writes:
Hey Anthony you butthead- your basic premise is incorrect:

MX's reply snipped

Yep, MX was out of line with his facts -- but in the face of a
personal attack like that ("you butthead"?), you've got to be fairly
impressed with his calm response. Some of the so-called pilots here
would have immediately defaulted to cuss words and insults.

MX is a lot of things -- impolite isn't one of them.

You're an idiot. It's a technique.

Bertie

Old May 15th 08, 07:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Wed, 14 May 2008 21:48:00 -0700 (PDT), skym
wrote in
:

BtB is a loser who needs to get a life.

Actually, it seems to be a shell-persona of multiple rogue anarchists,
who revel in evil and destruction, to don similar to a bandit's mask.

But Usenet is a fire hose of ideas from which one may selectively sip.
Some see it as a virtual tavern, others as a worldwide egalitarian
forum like mankind has never before witnessed. It's creators
envisioned an open vehicle for rapid news dispersal nobly rooted in
self governance. It is all those things, and more. Ultimately,
Usenet is what we make it.

--

"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to
escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane."

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM