Old W&W add--cancelled, not renewed

Old February 1st 19, 11:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

Default Old W&W add--cancelled, not renewed

If there is a listing that I'm interested in that is now moved to the "Cancelled Not Renewed" tab, how can I contact the seller? There is no longer a contact option for the add. I've tried looking up the N-number, but all I get is a physical address. I guess I could write a letter the old-fashioned way, but was wondering if there was another way.
Old February 1st 19, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Why not contact W&W directly via email and ask? Likely a lot faster.
Old February 1st 19, 11:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 5:22:00 PM UTC-5, John Foster wrote:
If there is a listing that I'm interested in that is now moved to the "Cancelled Not Renewed" tab, how can I contact the seller? There is no longer a contact option for the add. I've tried looking up the N-number, but all I get is a physical address. I guess I could write a letter the old-fashioned way, but was wondering if there was another way.

Got a name from the registration? SSA member locator....

T8
Old February 2nd 19, 12:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Foster

On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 3:46:07 PM UTC-7, Tango Eight wrote:
On Friday, February 1, 2019 at 5:22:00 PM UTC-5, John Foster wrote:
If there is a listing that I'm interested in that is now moved to the "Cancelled Not Renewed" tab, how can I contact the seller? There is no longer a contact option for the add. I've tried looking up the N-number, but all I get is a physical address. I guess I could write a letter the old-fashioned way, but was wondering if there was another way.

Got a name from the registration? SSA member locator....

T8

I tried that as well, but the name on the registration is not on the SSA member locator. Owner must not be an SSA member.
Old February 4th 19, 03:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

As Charlie suggested, I sent a note to Wings and Wheels and asked if they would forward my inquiry to the original lister. They did this for me, and I ended up with another project.

As for writing letters, I have gotten ZERO replies. I have included stamped, self addressed envelopes, my e-mail, and cell so they could write on the original letter, stick it in the envelope I provided, and send it back. They could call or text a reply. They could e-mail something back. Nothing.. And only one of the recent 7 or 8 letters has come back as not deliverable. Many have been confirmed as the correct address by seeing the trailer at the residence in a recent Google Street View picture. Sigh.

Steve Leonard
Old February 4th 19, 05:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Some folks just want to hang on to their treasures, Steve.

When I first arrived at Moriarty I was in the market for a glider and
was told that there was an unflown LS-6 on the field, just what I
wanted.Â* I was also told that it had not been out of the trailer in over
6 years so I contacted the owner to inquire about buying it.Â* I was told
that they might fly again some day and so they wanted to keep it and
their Ventus (they both were pilots).Â* That was 9 years ago and I've
still not seen nor heard of either ship coming out of the box.Â* Some day
someone will open the trailers and find dust.

--
Dan, 5J
Old February 4th 19, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BobW

On 2/4/2019 9:15 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
Some folks just want to hang on to their treasures, Steve.

When I first arrived at Moriarty I was in the market for a glider and was
told that there was an unflown LS-6 on the field, just what I wanted. I
was also told that it had not been out of the trailer in over 6 years so I
contacted the owner to inquire about buying it. I was told that they might
fly again some day and so they wanted to keep it and their Ventus (they
both were pilots). That was 9 years ago and I've still not seen nor heard
of either ship coming out of the box. Some day someone will open the
trailers and find dust.

On 2/4/2019 7:58 AM, Steve Leonard wrote:
As Charlie suggested, I sent a note to Wings and Wheels and asked if they
would forward my inquiry to the original lister. They did this for me,
and I ended up with another project.

As for writing letters, I have gotten ZERO replies. I have included
stamped, self addressed envelopes, my e-mail, and cell so they could
write on the original letter, stick it in the envelope I provided, and
send it back. They could call or text a reply. They could e-mail
something back. Nothing. And only one of the recent 7 or 8 letters has
come back as not deliverable. Many have been confirmed as the correct
address by seeing the trailer at the residence in a recent Google Street
View picture. Sigh.

Steve Leonard

And then there's another "boundary condition." Owning something of low demand.

I (still) have a 1st-generation, 15-meter glass bird (Steve L. knows!) that
some might even consider "historic"...of (apparently, very) low demand the one
time I "publicly-motivated" myself to create a W&W ad in hopes of finding it
an interested/deserving new home. Dunno if W&W's ad history still links to it
or not.

Must be something about spoiler-less, landing flaps-only, side-sticked,
U.S.-built, experimentally-registered ships! Even one of a type in the
Smithsonian!

Bob W.

---
https://www.avg.com

Old February 4th 19, 06:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Thank you for the comment. ;-)
I will say I am a cheap SOB, try the cheap way first.

Then again, I will hazard most glider pilots are cheap SOB's.......not saying wrong, just saying......
I will say I have access to some great sailplanes, nice to keep family happy so I have great stuff to fly, even if it's several steps above what I can use.....
Then again, I try to NOT break it when flying......
So far, so good......
Hope I didn't jinx myself.......

Yes, I sometimes help fix ships when someone else bends/breaks it........I do NOT want to be on that list.....