"...but I don't have a lathe."

Old September 8th 08, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default "...but I don't have a lathe."

Tech Support wrote

Is a "scooch" the same as when us Irish say "A Wee Bit"?

Whoooah, there. I think not!

The only time I've heard "a wee bit" was as in " I'll take a wee bit of the
spirit for my cup here, if ye please!"

In that case, I believe that did NOT mean a scooch! g
--
Jim in NC

Old September 8th 08, 08:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Ron Wanttaja

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 00:42:46 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

Tech Support wrote

Is a "scooch" the same as when us Irish say "A Wee Bit"?

Whoooah, there. I think not!

The only time I've heard "a wee bit" was as in " I'll take a wee bit of the
spirit for my cup here, if ye please!"

In that case, I believe that did NOT mean a scooch! g

Could have been a scooch, 'specially if the guy had the right accent.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja
Old September 8th 08, 09:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 00:42:46 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

Tech Support wrote
Is a "scooch" the same as when us Irish say "A Wee Bit"?

Whoooah, there. I think not!

The only time I've heard "a wee bit" was as in " I'll take a wee bit of the
spirit for my cup here, if ye please!"

In that case, I believe that did NOT mean a scooch! g

Could have been a scooch, 'specially if the guy had the right accent.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja

But, would an Irishman order a scooch?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 8th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

"Skosh" is the pidgen English derivation of the Japanese "sukoshi", which
means "just a little bit" or "a small portion".

Jim

--
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought
without accepting it."

Old September 8th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Hix

In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

"Skosh" is the pidgen English derivation of the Japanese "sukoshi", which
means "just a little bit" or "a small portion".

A scooch is 1/4 skosh.
Old September 8th 08, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Steve Hix wrote:
In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

"Skosh" is the pidgen English derivation of the Japanese "sukoshi", which
means "just a little bit" or "a small portion".

A scooch is 1/4 skosh.

Metric or imperial skosh?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 8th 08, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
jan olieslagers[_2_]

Default scrudges, scootches, &C &C (was: "...but I don't have a lathe.")

Dan schreef:
Steve Hix wrote:
In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

"Skosh" is the pidgen English derivation of the Japanese "sukoshi",
which means "just a little bit" or "a small portion".

A scooch is 1/4 skosh.

Metric or imperial skosh?

This has been one of the most instructive threads ever, round here.
Thanks to all! Next time at the bar of my local airport I will
definitely sound like the expert I always knew myself to be.

And my next homebuilt project will fly like a - ehhm what was it -
scroodge? scurge? scgodre? sgootsh?
Old September 8th 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_12_]

Default scrudges, scootches, &C &C

jan olieslagers wrote:
Dan schreef:
Steve Hix wrote:
In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

"Skosh" is the pidgen English derivation of the Japanese "sukoshi",
which means "just a little bit" or "a small portion".

A scooch is 1/4 skosh.

Metric or imperial skosh?

This has been one of the most instructive threads ever, round here.
Thanks to all! Next time at the bar of my local airport I will
definitely sound like the expert I always knew myself to be.

And my next homebuilt project will fly like a - ehhm what was it -
scroodge? scurge? scgodre? sgootsh?

OK, now you are into an entirely different terminology. Flying terms
starting with "sc" include scuzzy which refers to as unclean and thus
draggy or poor handling. Not to be confused with a scuzzy pilot.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired
Old September 9th 08, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Ron Wanttaja wrote:
On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 00:42:46 -0400, "Morgans" wrote:

Tech Support wrote
Is a "scooch" the same as when us Irish say "A Wee Bit"?

Whoooah, there. I think not!

The only time I've heard "a wee bit" was as in " I'll take a wee bit of the
spirit for my cup here, if ye please!"

In that case, I believe that did NOT mean a scooch! g

Could have been a scooch, 'specially if the guy had the right accent.... :-)

Ron Wanttaja

A scooch of scotch? That's not enough to warm anybody's bones.

Tony
Old September 9th 08, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Steve Hix

In article , Dan
wrote:

Steve Hix wrote:
In article ,
"RST Engineering" wrote:

"Skosh" is the pidgen English derivation of the Japanese "sukoshi", which
means "just a little bit" or "a small portion".

A scooch is 1/4 skosh.

Metric or imperial skosh?

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Whitworth.

Why is Soaring declining f.blair Soaring 266 February 7th 09 12:58 PM
Antique ex-freon now used as air compressor seen this type? Jason D. Home Built 12 November 17th 04 03:07 PM
Non-Flying Ladders Veeduber Home Built 5 July 10th 04 05:15 AM
Lathe Help Bruce A. Frank Home Built 15 February 7th 04 09:05 AM