FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

Old December 14th 06, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

Default FYI Bio zoom ZZZZZZZZ

In article , Ron Wanttaja says...

Can we get transcripts of the depositions? I'd love to see it.

Normally, yes. But Zoom has filed papers with the court that include claims SnF
has been "leaking" material to...wait for it...the Internet! He stated that he
wants some information kept from public records. Odd view for a journalist,
but, heck, he objected to the very *presence* of the news media at his FIRST SnF
trial.

Sounds exactly like something he would do.What a phoney he sure likes to report
about other people but when it's about him somehow he thinks he's "special".

My guess is that he's trying to keep the testimony of SnF's witnesses from the
record, as this would be the first public documentation of the reasons SnF
banned him.

I'm sure he doesn't want the truth revealed about the depositions he wants only
his version of the story told .If he so innocent he has nothing to hide....or
does he?? Credibility it was always about credibility.

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

Old December 14th 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Al G[_1_]

"Juan Jimenez" wrote in message
.. .
The NAA has some aviation-related records that FAI doesn't keep track of.
Guinness World Records has others as well. That's easy to verify.

The NAA is a US organization that sanctions and records US records. I am a
member and hold 3 records. There are several National record categories that
do not exist on a World Level, economy records for instance.

World records are sanctioned and recorded by the FAI. (Note the period) The
FAI is the ONLY internationally recognized authority. If you hold a World
record, I hold 2, your record is recorded by the FAI.

FAI only records aviation records for which it has chosen to establish
categories. It does not maintain "all official aviation related world
records."

Was this attempt in an aircraft outside of the established categories? How?

Was this record attempt sanctioned by either organization?

Were there some kind of witnesses?

You can't just fly something somewhere and claim you hold a "World Record"
doing it.

Alan Gerharter

Old December 14th 06, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

Todd,

Thank you for the clarification. I knew the NAA had a relationship with the
FAI and that the SSA also. However, I didn't know it was SSA - NAA - FAI.

Wayne
HP-14 "6F"
http://www.soaridaho.com/Schreder

"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message
"Al G" wrote:

The NAA is a US organization that sanctions and records US records. I am a
member and hold 3 records. There are several National record categories
that
do not exist on a World Level, economy records for instance.

World records are sanctioned and recorded by the FAI. (Note the period)
The
FAI is the ONLY internationally recognized authority. If you hold a World
record, I hold 2, your record is recorded by the FAI.

Al G is correct here, but I'll add something to the
relationships. The FAI sanctions all aviation world
records. The FAI appoints a national organization for each
country, and that org in the US is the NAA. The NAA can
then pass authority for some areas to other organizations.
The NAA has passed authority for glider records to the SSA
(Soaring Society of America). Technically, world records
pass from the SSA to the NAA, or from the NAA directly, to
the FAI.

The NAA/SSA handle National records and can do so in
categories other than the categories recognized by the FAI.
In the SSA they even have state records. I held 4 of those
at various times (altitude and speed), flew a national
record once that lasted about 24 hours (distance), so never
was submitted, and even made a couple of world record
attempts that required advance declaration, so I'm familiar
with the process and organizations involved.

I have no idea if Guinness recognizes any aviation records,
but I have my doubts that they would recognize aviation
related altitude records that were not also recognized by
the FAI.

Was this attempt in an aircraft outside of the established categories?
How?

Was this record attempt sanctioned by either organization?

Were there some kind of witnesses?

You can't just fly something somewhere and claim you hold a "World Record"
doing it.

I agree with Al completely. If someone claims a world
record, there should be something to back it up.

--
T o d d P a t t i s t
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

Make a commitment to learn something from every flight.
Share what you learn.

Old December 14th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

T o d d P a t t i s t wrote:
"Al G" wrote:

You can't just fly something somewhere and claim you hold a "World Record"
doing it.

Of course you can.
If you do, you should expect to be doubted, especially if the claim
is false.

I agree with Al completely. If someone claims a world
record, there should be something to back it up.

FWIW, I don't recall Zoom claiming his 'record' was recognized by
anyone.

--

FF

Old December 14th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Wayne Paul

"Wayne Paul" wrote:

Thank you for the clarification. I knew the NAA had a relationship with
the
FAI and that the SSA also. However, I didn't know it was SSA - NAA -
FAI.

The NAA charges the SSA some hefty fees, and the SSA has
recently begun passing those fees along to people who set
world records. The result is fewer world records. No one
who has been involved in the process is sure what the NAA
actually does, if anything, for those fees.

If I understand it correctly, historically the SSA paid a fee and as a
result we all got the sporting license required to claim NAA and FAI
records. (Something that I will never use flying a Schreder HP-14.)
Currently, if we want to claim a world record, we must purchase our own
sporting license. The license is a small cost compared to the cost of an
upgraded GPS/flight recorder. I currently fly with an EW Model D. It is
all I need for badges and contests.

Old December 15th 06, 09:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

ChuckSlusarczyk wrote:
This is the updated zoom bio from the RRL web site it's a hoot!!Just for grins
I'm going to contact National Geographic.Popular Science and Popular Mechanics
to see if zoom ever had a published article in them. Here's where it's at:

www.rocketracingleague.com/bio_jim-campbell.html

Chuck S RAH-14/1 ret

and now heeeerrreeesss the bio!!!

A commercially rated pilot, Campbell has earned Flight instructor Ratings
(CFI/A/I/ME/H) in fixed and rotary wing aircraft, and logged over 17,000 flight
hours in over 1100 different ultralights, jets, multi-engine A/C, helicopters,
gyroplanes, autogyros, sailplanes, seaplanes, kit aircraft and general aviation
birds.
Among Campbell's many other lofty accomplishments are his 1981 Ultralight World
Record High Altitude flight to 21,210 feet over Lakehurst, New Jersey; flying on
behalf of President Ronald Reagan as an airshow pilot during the 1981-82 Air and
Space Bicentennial; several years of film and TV aviation stunt work; his 1981
Ultralight Flight Across America; 17 published books in the aviation field (with
three more in the works for '06-'07); the first aviation journalist to solo and
evaluate the awesome Russian Sukhoi SU-26 and SU-31, the FEW P-51 Mustang, the
Unlimited 10-300 and many other high performance aircraft. Jim was also the
first fly-writer to sample and document the intriguing capabilities of the BD-10
Jet, the Glasair III, the Van's RV-6 and dozens of other pivotal aircraft.

Now, what I would like to see are his extensive logbooks documenting
all this ****, and from there, his certificates; plus the Police Report
on his getting shot in the leg saving the little girl, the NTSB report
that mentions Campbell coming forward as a witness to them in the
Cerritos Air Disaster, beyond Time Magazine, etc., etc., etc.

I remember when I brought up the fact this bio ~ and this is the third
rendition of a bio put up by/about/written by Campbell ~ indicated that
Campbell had test flown AND evaluated something like 1100 aircraft from
the age of thirteen. I questioned, editorially, "Who cares what a
thirteen year old's evaluation of an aircraft is?" In California, at
the time Campbell was thirteen, you had to be sixteen to get a license.
The RRL removed the bio, kept it dormant, then the changes were made
to the subsequent bio. "Test flown OR evaluated...la la la la la..."

The RRL, as it is, is nothing more than a fraud. Fraud has been
associated with a number of the people in it, including

1) the CEO, Granger Whitelaw, over the Amber Alert Portal issue in
Arizona;
2) Anousheh Ansari, accused with her husband Amid, of Insider Trading
in a stock issue in Massachusetts;
3) Mike Houghton, of the Reno Air Racing Association, whose fraud has
been documented at my websites, but more importantly, at the RARA site
www.airrace.org, which has finally pronounced (2006) itself as an
"Invitational, Entertainment Event" versus an open to all, Motorsports
competition, along with the fact he uses strong arm tactics and thugs
to get his way in Reno, and has Racketeering connections to corrupt in
Law Enforcement and business in the area;
4) his (Campbell's) good buddy, the Great and Magnificent Diamandis (OZ
~ the humbug), who despite the fact that he and his rocket scientists
can only "envision" (L.A. Daily News) that folks might see the Rocket
Racers at altitude because of the exhaust flame, and don't for sure
(!), know one way or the other, and whom, along with Whitelaw, think
they're going to change the face of Air Racing, despite having to place
limiters on the engine throttles to keep the aircraft from coming apart
in the hands of an agressive pilot, and who claim "Rocket Racers"
though the competitions will be conducted after the engines are off and
the racers in glide, sure make the concept of Rocket Racing as a
legitimate and viable sport Highly Questionable, especially when their
racers will max out at 300 mph and Unlimited Air Racing is currently
capable of speeds in the 500 mph lap venue; and then
5) Campbell, with a thirty year documented history of mental illness
and criminal misconduct that includes stalking, harassment, domestic
terrorism directed against fiance and ex-wife; impersonating a doctor;
prescribing medicines without a license; impersonating a Japan Air
Lines Boeing 747 pilot; trying to catch ultralights in his teeth
(Statue of Liberty, New York, with picture no less...); false
accusations against people he's worked with at Challenge publications;
allegations of making false statements to the Secret Service regarding
an alleged threat against the President by one of his enemies; his
Federal perjury which resulted in the temporary shut down of over 60 of
my websites, something which he will soon have to owe up to, hopefully
along with a stay in a Federal Penitentiary; his selling out as a
"Journalist;" his failure to abide by Journalistic Rules of Conduct and
Ethics; and on and on it goes with this clown, and the FAA and Law
Enforcement so far, have done virtually nothing about him. They take
away his license, then give it back to him, though he's diagnosed as a
schizophrenic by his Grandfather, a legitimate doctor.

His mental condition is known by the FAA and the NTSB and they give him
a license that no one else possessing his absolutely insane, if not
inane, mentality, would get ~ particularly when it comes to their own
Air Traffic Controllers! And then pilots are supposed to have a higher
medical standard then ATC!?

And then trying to profit personally on the blood of the victims of the
Cerritos/Aeromexico air disaster with his Time Magazine pronounciations
of Pull UP! Pull Up! For God's Sake Pull up!

His day is coming, mark my words on that. The government can carry him
around on their backs like a sacred cow all they want ~ especially a
sacred cow whose one religious belief they have in him surrounds him
giving them good press and his readers believing it as "Gospel" ~ but
enough exposure in the Press and in the Courts, and his downfall will
be just as hard and tragic as he will make it to be.

Hopefully, he won't be taking out an airliner full of people with him!

This individual shouldn't be flying; he shouldn't be in Journalism; he
should be institutionalized, preferably, in a Federal Penitentiary, and
anyone aiding and abetting his current existence in Journalism or
Aviation, should be sent there along with him as an Accessory to his
crimes. Especially, his good buddies at the FAA, Aero News and the
RRL.

Period.

Vietnam Veteran...bull...according to the paperwork I have, which is
nothing new on the internet, he didn't last half a year in the Air
Force. The Air Force won't release information on him nor why he was
discharged so quickly. Hey Campbell...let's see your DD Form 214
public, to include your RE code, moron!

Campbell reminds me of the Leonardo DiCaprio character from "Catch Me
If You Can." Only, he has nothing to offer that isn't already known as
fraud and criminal misconduct that the FAA and the Law could outsmart,
if they merely wanted to. Are prisons are full of people like him. I
say, make room for one more!!!

In fact, considering the conditions of the French Prison that held
DiCaprio's character, I say send him to a French prison. Get his stink
out of America, American Journalism and American Aerospace!

And as for Diamandis making a Rocket Racer out of this clown ~ I think
that holds up as the greatest proof of Diamandis' fraud, putting a
mental defective in the cockpit of a rocket powered plane in close
proximity to potentially hundreds of thousands of people on the
ground...

Diamandis annoints, and so be it! Someone needs to check the pilot
selection criteria at RRL and X Prize, for that matter, and the medical
requirements to be a Rocket Racer...they're getting a very dangerous
start from the Government, whose head is turned away from such a sore
subject as James R. "Captain Zoom" Cambell.

Old December 15th 06, 09:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

BobR wrote:
Gee...I wonder who wrote it for him?

They forgot to add that he walks on water and his **** doesn't stink.

No, they merely got it wrong. **** floats...they mistook it for
walking.

Old December 15th 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

Thank you for the clarification. I knew the NAA had a relationship with the
FAI and that the SSA also. However, I didn't know it was SSA - NAA - FAI.

One additional clarification, and anyone can correct me if they care
to, but the NAA is the sanctioning authority for the FAI in regards to
records set in the United States. That makes the NAA subordinate to
the FAI, and the FAI the organization that establishes the World Record.

Old December 15th 06, 09:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

snipped A google search "FAI Campbell" comes up with a Sue
Campbell, but I didn't see a James. What am I missing?

It's not yet in his bio...give it a week for the Rocket Scientists at
the RRL to consider...but Campbell also lays claim to being the subject
of the Johnny Cash song, "A Boy Named Sue..."

I wasn't sure if that meant he was prissy, litagious, or both...

Old December 15th 06, 09:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DABEAR

snipped I heard back from PM they said they have no searchable author
data base.
National Geographic had a James Campbell who wrote an article about
canoe trips
and the Everglades.Their base goes back to 1888. Hmmmm

Past life experience ala Shirley MacLaine. He saw a couple of guys in
a sinking canoe and yelled at the to "Pull Up! Pull up! For God's
sakes Pull Up!"

The last moments of their lives were spent staring at Campbell with a
really puzzled look on their faces...you know...like Deja Vu, only it
had been advanced to them in this case...

Zoom Cy Galley Home Built 213 May 17th 05 01:19 AM
Zoom sues...again ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 9 April 28th 05 01:11 PM
Zoom fables on ANN ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 49 July 22nd 04 06:06 PM
ANN is biased ZZZJJJ ChuckSlusarczyk Home Built 30 January 4th 04 02:58 PM