Gen. Zinni: Neocons Hijacked US Foreign Policy for Israel

Old May 25th 04, 01:52 AM
MORRIS434

Default Gen. Zinni: Neocons Hijacked US Foreign Policy for Israel

Subj: Gen. Zinni: Neocons Hijacked US Foreign Policy for Israel
Date: 5/23/04 12:42:25 PM Pacific Daylight Time

Sent from the Internet (Details)

Friends,

Gen. Zinni: Neocons Hijacked US Foreign Policy for Israel

On CBS 60 Minutes tonight (Sunday) at 7 EST/PST, Ret. Gen. Anthony Zinni, who
once commanded US troops in the Middle East, mentions the neocons’ leading
role in getting the US to attack Iraq for the sake of Israel.

"Zinni blames the poor planning on the civilian policymakers in the
administration, known as neo-conservatives, who saw the invasion as a way to
stabilize the region and support Israel. He believes these people, who include
Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith, the undersecretary
of defense, have hijacked U.S. foreign policy.

"’They promoted it and pushed [the war]... even to the point of creating
their own intelligence to match their needs. Then they should bear the
responsibility.’"

General Zinni has included this information in his new book "Battle Ready,"
which is co-written by Tom Clancy.

General Zinni obviously has inside information as to how the war was set into
motion. However, he probably has not studied the neocon/Israeli war agenda, in
which they seek to bring about instability, not stability. See my: "The war on
Iraq: Conceived in Israel"
http://www.thornwalker.com/ditch/conc_toc.htm

While the neocons would have liked an Iraqi puppet state, the existing
instability is certainly in line with the necon/Israeli agenda to destabilize
the Middle East.

Zinni knows what happened from the inside. Try to listen to "60 Minutes"
tonight on CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/...in618896.shtml

Gen. Zinni: 'They've Screwed Up'

May 21, 2004

60 Minutes: Preview

Ret. Gen. Anthony Zinni once commanded America's troops in the Middle East
(Photo: CBS)

"Regardless of whose responsibility [it is]...it should be evident to everybody
that they've screwed up, and whose heads are rolling on this?"

Gen. Anthony Zinni

President Bush named Zinni special envoy to the Middle East. But Zinni wound up
breaking ranks with the administration over the war in Iraq. (Photo: AP)

FOR MORE INFORMATION: Amazon: Buy "Battle Ready" by Ret. Gen. Anthony Zinni,
and co-written by Tom Clancy.

(CBS) Accusing top Pentagon officials of "dereliction of duty," retired Marine
Gen. Anthony Zinni says staying the course in Iraq isn't a reasonable option.

"The course is headed over Niagara Falls. I think it's time to change course a
little bit or at least hold somebody responsible for putting you on this
course," he tells CBS News Correspondent Steve Kroft in an interview to be
broadcast on 60 Minutes, Sunday, May 23, at 7 p.m. ET/PT.

The current situation in Iraq was destined to happen, says Zinni, because
planning for the war and its aftermath has been flawed all along.

"There has been poor strategic thinking in this...poor operational planning and
execution on the ground," says Zinni, who served as commander-in-chief of the
U.S. Central Command from 1997 to 2000.

Zinni blames the poor planning on the civilian policymakers in the
administration, known as neo-conservatives, who saw the invasion as a way to
stabilize the region and support Israel. He believes these people, who include
Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith, the undersecretary
of defense, have hijacked U.S. foreign policy.

"They promoted it and pushed [the war]... even to the point of creating their
own intelligence to match their needs. Then they should bear the
responsibility," Zinni tells Kroft.

In his upcoming book, "Battle Ready," written with Tom Clancy, Zinni writes of
the poor planning in harsh terms. "In the lead-up to the Iraq war and its later
conduct, I saw, at minimum, true dereliction, negligence and irresponsibility;
at worst, lying, incompetence and corruption," he writes.

Zinni explains to Kroft, "I think there was dereliction in insufficient forces
being put on the ground and [in not] fully understanding the military
dimensions of the plan."

He still believes the situation is salvageable if the United States can
communicate more effectively with the Iraqi people and demonstrate a better
image to them.

The enlistment of the U.N. and other countries to participate in the mission is
also crucial, he says. Without these things, says Zinni, "We are going to be
looking for quick exits. I don't believe we're there now, and I wouldn't want
to see us fail here."

Also central to success in Iraq is more troops, from the United States and
especially other countries, to control violence and patrol borders, he says.

Zinni feels that undertaking the war with the minimum of troops paved the way
for the security problems the U.S. faces there now, the violence Defense
Secretary Donald Rumsfeld recently admitted he hadn't anticipated.

"He should not have been surprised," says Zinni. "There were a number of people
who before we even engaged in this conflict felt strongly that we
underestimated...the scope of the problems we would have in [Iraq]."

The fact that no one in the administration has paid for the blunder irks Zinni.
"But regardless of whose responsibility [it is]...it should be evident to
everybody that they've screwed up, and whose heads are rolling on this?"

Is Congress Aiding A Massive Israeli Deception?:

http://www.itszone.co.uk/zone0/viewtopic.php?t=15157
Old May 25th 04, 03:01 AM
Leanne

Is Congress Aiding A Massive Israeli Deception?:

I don't know about Congress, but someone sure is.

Leanne