KitFox Airfoils

Old August 22nd 05, 08:08 PM
Bruce A. Frank

Default KitFox Airfoils

I have been requested to build a pair of aluminum wing tank for a
KitFox. I don't have the details yet as to the model, but I thought I'd
try to locate some info. Is there a place on the web where I might find
diagrams or co-ordinates for the several airfoils used on KitFoxes?

--
Bruce A. Frank
======================

Old August 23rd 05, 04:53 PM

Dear Bruce (and the Group),

I've found it best to always work from the most recent revision of the
drawings, even if that means purchasing a set. The cost of the
drawings, or some portion of it, can be added to the price of the
tanks, engine mount, or whatever you've been hired to fabricate.

Working from the drawings allows you to address factors the
owner/builder often fails to mention, such as the location of fittings
relative to ribs & spars, or possible interference with other
unmentioned portions of the structure, expecially with regard to engine
mounts.

Having a signed contract in hand which clearly states the component is
fabricated according to the nth revision, xth edition of the plans,
drawing # so-and-so keeps you from having to wear a lawyer on your hip.

Working from the drawings allows you to provide a more accurate
estimate of the cost, since most welded components usually require some
amount of jigging or even construction of a fixture.

In the case of fuel tanks, the drawings are usually specific with
regard to fitting weldments such as the filler neck, venting, drains
and outlets .

For those of us who pick up a bit of change working on the 49% of the
Rule, if the designer spec's a Wag-Aero filler-neck base, I think
that's what the builder should get.

-R.S.Hoover

Old August 24th 05, 03:22 AM
Lou

I just hope that the guy who hired you doesn't read these post and
assume you don't know what your doing.
Lou

Old August 24th 05, 07:24 PM
Andy Asberry

On 23 Aug 2005 19:22:18 -0700, "Lou" wrote:

I just hope that the guy who hired you doesn't read these post and
assume you don't know what your doing.
Lou

If I were the 'guy', I would think this guy (Bruce) has been here
before. He is thinking ahead; thinking of things I haven't. Getting as
much info as possible; being prepared. Sounds informed and competent
to me.

Book with sailplane airfoils? Scott Soaring 2 April 1st 05 10:03 PM
Challenge or Kitfox Thank You Owning 0 February 19th 05 01:36 AM
Modern Sailplane Airfoil Coordinates superficial intelligence Soaring 5 March 13th 04 11:39 PM
wanted: Avid or Kitfox Martin Home Built 5 January 15th 04 02:14 PM
Re Eppler airfoils Ronald E Baker Soaring 2 November 4th 03 10:28 AM