Please explain

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old November 11th 03, 11:11 AM
T3

Default Please explain

I used to live on a lake just south of Orlando International Airport(just
outside the departure zone) on almost a straight line between Jax NAS and
the Avon Park bombing range, about 20 miles from our house. We were privy to
all kinds of aircraft,form 'Bones' to F-15's, F-14's FA/18's, A-6's, A-10's
and some we couldn't recognize. The A-10's were our favorites, though the
B-1B's were awesome. One evening about 7 years ago (around twilight) as I
was docking my boat, a single F/A18 was dropping to attack altitude at what
appeared to be mil speed and as he came by(approx200ft on the left) I
noticed what appeared to be an iridescent green box just forward and under
of the canopy on the left side. As a 30 year aircraft mechanic for Pan Am it
has always bothered me that I had no valid explanation for it. Was it an
anomaly or was I just hallucinating after catching no fish, if there are any
F/A18 drivers out there who can tell me without betraying any secrets, and
solve this mystery of mine, I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance

George