4th July Independence Day Message to the US

Old July 5th 06, 01:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shawn[_1_]

Default 4th July Independence Day Message to the US

Brian Glick wrote:
that is what all you LIBERALS say..

No actually, we don't. Clean out your ears.

Shawn
Old July 5th 06, 07:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
309

Uh folks,

This is about soaring, right?

The glider wasn't invented in the U.S.A. -- I think the towplane might
have been, depending on which revisionist historian you believe...

I'm taking a guess here that (some of) the Brits are trying to **** on
our parade because two hundred thirty years ago, the sorely mistreated
colonials declared independence from England (yeah, I guess we should
give them credit for not doing an Abu Grahaeb back then).

A happy 4th of July to those who are liberal, conservative (or neither)
and enjoy the right to dissent -- either based on truth, folley, rumor
or misinformation -- but nonetheless, allowed to dissent without fear
of losing life, limb, family or property. The entire world should be
so fortunate, and fortunate to be as generous a nation, privately if
not publicly.

Happy Birthday, U.S.A.! Perhaps not a perfect system, but far better
than most.

Happy thermals to all -- even those that despise us, mock us and are
jealous of us, because we are generous, with a long history of
generosity that is shamefully and convienently ignored. And it sounds
as if the exception is taken to be rule, and one bad apple is used to
justify wasting the efforts of those which are very good.

....which reminds me of my soaring...couldn't thermal worth a damn last
flight, so should I sell the glider? Nah, it was born around the
fourth of July in Elmira, New York, albeit much less than 230 years
ago.

Happy Independence Day to U.S. Soaring Pilots!

-Pete

Old July 5th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
pbc76049

Derek.
We are both gentlemen, and we both should
remember the first rule of behavior befitting gentlemen.
Gentlemen shal agree to disagree agreeably.

--
Have a great day

Scott
"Derek Copeland" wrote in
message ...

Old July 5th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Derek.
Take your snively winey crybaby anti war bull**** to some other forum.
I've only read your post and am ignoring the other replys. This is a
SOARING forum.
Russ

Old July 5th 06, 07:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim Vincent

jealous of us, because we are generous, with a long history of
generosity that is shamefully and convienently ignored.

Compared to most developed countries in Europe, our "generosity" is far less
on a per capita basis. Most countries, at this point, would prefer we took
our generosity and UN veto capability and stuffed it in a very dark place.

Old July 5th 06, 10:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Jim Vincent wrote:
jealous of us, because we are generous, with a long history of
generosity that is shamefully and convienently ignored.

Compared to most developed countries in Europe, our "generosity" is far less
on a per capita basis. Most countries, at this point, would prefer we took
our generosity and UN veto capability and stuffed it in a very dark place.

Derek,

You are a moron.....and every other idiot (who is afraid of its own
shadow) is as well. Go away, leave the stupid politics, of which you
have no understanding whatsoever, to others. And don't try to bash the
PW-5....PW-5 is smarter than you.

And Mal....I am disappointed, I thought that you were a smart
individual.

This site is about soaring, be constructive or get lost. We don't need
people like you in aviation.

Jacek

Old July 6th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Marc Ramsey

Jack wrote:
Happy 4th of July... OK... 1 day late, but.... It marks the day that we
told the Dereks of the world to "BITE THE BIG ONE". Please remember
that it was once said the sun never sets on the British Empire. Look to
your own history and quit ****ing on ours. Post about soaring and stop
politicizing American Holidays. What a moron.

Yeah, what he says:

http://www.janpeters.net/pics/stuff/get_a_brain.jpg

What kind of moron would politicize the 4th of July?

http://www.historyisaweapon.org/defc...lassjuly4.html
Old July 6th 06, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Derek Copeland

Well at least we generally ran the British Empire in
a reasonably civilised manner, although I admit there
were a few blips in India. Most of our former colonies,
with the exception of yourselves, have remained voluntarily
in an organisation called the 'British Commonwealth'
and accept our Queen as nominal Head of State. These
include Canada, Australia, New Zealand and several
of the West Indian islands. I would suggest that these
are amongst the most civilised countries in the World.

The Gents below have only confirmed our view of Americans
as being loud, arrogant and rude! OK, I know most of
you are very nice.

On the subject of the PW-5, I am sure that it is very
nicely designed within the parameters set down. I haven't
flown one, but I have flown the rival 'World Class'
contender, the Russian ME7 and that was quite nice
and easy to fly, and at least it looked like a mini
sailplane. The performance was about K6E, but with
a greater efficient speed range. I am not sure that
I would be that encouraged to fly either type cross-country,
at least not in UK conditions. The World Class is a
good idea, but needs a higher performance design.

The politics are starting to impinge on my flying,
as UK taxation has been significantly increased by
stealth (standard 'New Labour' tactic) to pay for armies
of occupation in Iraq and Afghanistan. The cost of
petrol and hence travel has also increased to record
levels. Wasn't one of the objectives of the Iraq War
to stop this happening?

Derek Copeland

At 22:30 05 July 2006, Jack wrote:
Happy 4th of July... OK... 1 day late, but.... It marks
the day that we
told the Dereks of the world to 'BITE THE BIG ONE'.
Please remember
that it was once said the sun never sets on the British
Empire. Look to
your own history and quit ****ing on ours. Post about
soaring and stop
politicizing American Holidays. What a moron.

Jack Womack

Old July 6th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jack[_4_]

Golly Gee! If they tax you out of flying, maybe you'll lose interest
here and not bother us anymore... there's something to aspire to... You
can clean up your version of history all you want, but emperialism is
emperialism, and it doesn't come about without the blood of innocents.
What an arrogant ass you are. What's more rude than to kick someone in
the middle of a celebration. Thankfully, we got out of the "British
Commonwealth" business a long time ago.

Jack Womack

Old July 6th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Welsh Druid

"Derek Copeland" wrote in
message ...

SNIP
.. The performance was about K6E, but with
a greater efficient speed range. I am not sure that
I would be that encouraged to fly either type cross-country,
at least not in UK conditions.

SNIP

Why ? - are you that poor a pilot that you need more performance to do cross
countries ? Lots of us flew K6's, Dart 17's etc with that sort of
performance and got all our diamonds - and in the UK !

DB