Reading R.A.O. pays off

Old September 13th 04, 10:15 PM
Adam Aulick

"The Weiss Family" wrote in message ...
All the snooping in the newsgroup just paid off...I think!
I just closed the deal on my first airplane.
Based on my mission profile and the things I learned from the newsgroup, I
had the following objectives:

1. Must be able to *legally* fit my wife and three (small) kids.

[snip]

Excellent! When you get your hands on the plane, will you give
us all a report on how well it holds your family?
(How hard is it to get everybody in, how much luggage space is
left with the third seat, any W&B issues, how accessible is
the kid stowed in baggage during the flight, does putting one
kid in front and wife in the middle work, how is your climb
fully loaded, etc. etc. as long as you have patience.)

I'm looking at doing exactly the same thing.

~Adam Aulick
(any email replies to a u l i c k at s o l t e c . n e t)
Old September 14th 04, 03:41 AM
The Weiss Family

"Adam Aulick" wrote in message
om...

Excellent! When you get your hands on the plane, will you give
us all a report on how well it holds your family?
(How hard is it to get everybody in, how much luggage space is
left with the third seat, any W&B issues, how accessible is
the kid stowed in baggage during the flight, does putting one
kid in front and wife in the middle work, how is your climb
fully loaded, etc. etc. as long as you have patience.)

I'm looking at doing exactly the same thing.

~Adam Aulick
(any email replies to a u l i c k at s o l t e c . n e t)

You can bet there will be an endless number of reports about the new plane.
You guys will probably get sick of hearing about it ;-)

Adam Weiss
PP-ASEL
Soon to be owner of N7966L

Old September 14th 04, 03:02 PM
xyzzy

There is no such thing as a "really good...annual inspection" with the possible
exception of the IA missing an item that has gone out of limits. That is a BAD
inspection. If you mean a nitpicky inspection (NOT an annual inspection) that
will pick up such things as tires worn to NEAR limits or brakes worn to NEAR
limits or cylinders NEAR limits or bearings NEAR limits, that is a totally
different kettle of bratwurst.

Hopefully they will also verify that the "substantial" damage from the
1975 crash was properly fixed (though it was long enough ago that it may
not matter, but still, something to look for ...)

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?ev_id=50128&key=0