Repeated Post Problems

Old December 18th 04, 02:13 AM
Morgans

Default Repeated Post Problems

Is anyone else getting a high number (about 20%) of identical posts?

I think the problem lies with my ISP (Charter), since they recently went
with a new newsreader service. Let me know, if you are, and especially if
you are using an ISP other than charter.

Thanks.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 18th 04, 02:13 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"Morgans" wrote:

Is anyone else getting a high number (about 20%) of identical posts?

I think the problem lies with my ISP (Charter), since they recently went
with a new newsreader service. Let me know, if you are, and especially if
you are using an ISP other than charter.

Thanks.

not at the moment. (both comcast and this giganews server)

--
Bob Noel
looking for a sig the lawyers will like

Old December 18th 04, 03:43 AM
Victor J. Osborne, Jr.

Same : multi posts & Charter. They just change to nn??.charter.net and I'm
having to re-view all posts. Aruuugh!

Victor J. (Jim) Osborne, Jr.

take off my shoes to reply

Old December 18th 04, 03:46 AM
Jay Honeck

Is anyone else getting a high number (about 20%) of identical posts?

Nope, all is well here.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old December 18th 04, 05:41 AM
Morgans

"Victor J. Osborne, Jr." wrote in message
Same : multi posts & Charter. They just change to nn??.charter.net and

I'm
having to re-view all posts. Aruuugh!

It is worse than that. I read daily, and even then, I am see MANY NEW posts
two times.

Any more charter people having the problem? I want to know, so I can rattle
some cages.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 18th 04, 05:42 AM
Morgans

"Radio Flyer" wrote in message
. ..
not me

I got to read that one twice.
--
Jim in NC

Old December 18th 04, 06:41 AM
Judah

"Morgans" wrote in news:CxPwd.17657$P_2.8930
@fe05.lga:

"Radio Flyer" wrote in message
. ..
not me

I got to read that one twice.

I also saw the "not me" post twice, but I didn't see your reply twice.
Odd...

I have Optimum Online, and it's been going on for about a month. I've also
recently had problems with my read message counters either being reset or
changing randomly on their own...