New $500 FAA ADS-B Rebate ... some motorgliders/sustainers qualify

Old January 16th 19, 11:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

Default New $500 FAA ADS-B Rebate ... some motorgliders/sustainers qualify

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 3:30:33 PM UTC-6, Charles Longley wrote:
On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 7:07:33 PM UTC-8, Scott Williams wrote:
On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 12:11:55 AM UTC-6, 2G wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 7:37:09 PM UTC-8, Scott Williams wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 8:54:53 PM UTC-6, MNLou wrote:
On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 8:49:48 PM UTC-6, Tony wrote:
Pure gliders are not eligible for the rebate

Are sustainer equipped experimental aircraft eligible?

Thanks -

Lou

Also, I believe the Tn72 is not full 2020 compliant, for that even in an experimental you must use the $1900 Tn70, as far as Trig made products.
I wish this whole topic was simpler, or at least as Simple as I am!!

Scott, you, are in a word, wrong. This is from Trig's website (https://www.trig-avionics.com/suppor.../ads-b-faqs/):

In a certified aircraft you will require a certified TSO C145 position source that meets the requirements of AC20-165 Appendix 2 – such as the Trig TN70.

Trig has an FAA STC program that covers other GPS units. This includes Garmin 400 and 500 series WAAS GPS navigators which can be used with a Trig TT22 or TT31 transponder.

Light Sport, Experimental Aircraft and Gliders can use the TN72 as an approved position source in FAA 2020 rule airspace. This product is certified and meets TSO C199 but is not approved for certified aircraft in the U..S. flying in 2020 rule ADS-B airspace.

Uh Yeah, Darryl pretty much covered that.
Thanks.

Oooh snap you told me!!

Hey Charles, sorry about the post sequence oops, I was responding to 2G's dig, Totally not responding to your 337 comment.
Old January 16th 19, 11:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charles Longley

No problem Scott. Thought it was directed at me.
Old January 16th 19, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott Williams

On Wednesday, January 16, 2019 at 4:42:17 PM UTC-6, Charles Longley wrote:
No problem Scott. Thought it was directed at me.

My apologies, I thought I had selected "Show quoted text", but it did not display.