The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

Old February 24th 14, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

Default The "offical" LXNAV V7 thread

Lane,
The easiest way is to create a folder in the primary file directory and save all of the files (LNNUpdate.exe, CeLxV.dll, the VINB and VSEV files) in that directory.

Starting with the COM port that you are using to communicate with the V7 is the right approach (and this is where I got off track as my PNA did not show that COM port as an option in the LXNav Update tool)

Good luck! B.
Old February 24th 14, 05:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

The V7D is the 2nd-seat repeater version of the V7. It is a display without
the vario sensors. It works only when connected to a V7.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.
________________________________

"son_of_flubber" wrote in message

What is the difference between V7 and V7D? I did not find an answer on the
LXNav website.

Old February 24th 14, 02:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Sunday, February 23, 2014 9:51:35 AM UTC-6, Bastoune wrote:
Mike 0! This was the tip that I needed! Switching to COM7 manually did the trick. The installation when smooth as butter after that! Thanks!

Lane - Your MIO will work just fine as long as you select the correct COM port (!). I had used a MIO a year ago to upgrade my V7.

Bastoune,

Sent LXNav an email last night suggesting they add COM7 to the pulldown and Uros had a new PNA update tool file on their website by 7:30cst this morning! Now if we can just remember from one update to the next that COM7 is what we need to use!
Mike
Old February 24th 14, 05:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

This is fantastic. The LXNav team product support and responsiveness is second to none. This is another fine example!
Old February 27th 14, 03:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ES

Has anyone had luck uploading tasks from Oudie to V7? This topic isn't discussed in the user guide, and I'm not having any luck repeating the settings in the youtube video on the subject (device = "LXNAV - Nano", interface = "COM4:", speed = "4800bps".

In the video, there is very quick connection and transfer.

When I try it (using the latest V7 firmware and Oudie version), I get "Connecting" on the Oudie, and the communication icon on the V7, but nothing else.

thanks

ted/ES
Old February 27th 14, 10:25 PM
Eurofighter Eurofighter is offline
Junior Member

Try a higher baud rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES View Post

Old February 28th 14, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bastoune

Ted,
I may be misunderstanding your question, but I do not think that you can upload a task "to" the V7. You can upload a task to your GPS Logger (e.g. Nano) by going "through" the V7 (See setup example in section 8.4.2 of the manual). The relevant section on how to perform the upload is 5.1.2. In the "Direct Link" mode, the Oudie communicates directly to the Logger.
Old February 28th 14, 03:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ES

Okay, things are starting to make a little more sense. On page 16 (section 5.1.2)there is a turnpoint name ("Line 11") above the course direction indicator. When I saw that, I assumed I there was some task storage and processing in the V7. If the task is not in the V7, where does this turnpoint name come from? (From the Oudie, or from the logger?)
Old February 28th 14, 03:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Luke Szczepaniak

On 02/28/2014 9:28 AM, ES wrote:
Okay, things are starting to make a little more sense. On page 16 (section 5.1.2)there is a turnpoint name ("Line 11") above the course direction indicator. When I saw that, I assumed I there was some task storage and processing in the V7. If the task is not in the V7, where does this turnpoint name come from? (From the Oudie, or from the logger?)

The Oudie will have to send the active TP coordinates in an RMB sentence
back to the V7.

Luke
Old March 1st 14, 12:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_5_]

On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 09:41:29 -0500, Luke Szczepaniak wrote:

On 02/28/2014 9:28 AM, ES wrote:
Okay, things are starting to make a little more sense. On page 16
(section 5.1.2)there is a turnpoint name ("Line 11") above the course
direction indicator. When I saw that, I assumed I there was some task
storage and processing in the V7. If the task is not in the V7, where
does this turnpoint name come from? (From the Oudie, or from the
logger?)

The Oudie will have to send the active TP coordinates in an RMB sentence
back to the V7.

It must also be getting at least the WPL sentence and possibly is also
getting ROO sentences. I say this because the RMB sentence conveys the TP
coordinates but doesn't contain its name. Both ROO and WPL include the TP
name. WPL contains the name and coordinates of a TP: by comparing
coordinates between RMB and WPL the receiver can work out the RMB's
target TP name. ROO defines the task (in our terminology). All it
contains is a list of TP names in task declaration sequence.

The reception frequency differs depending on the sentence type. An RMC+RMB
pair are received every second with a third sentence appended. This
sentence is either an ROO or a WPL. The ROO and associated WPLs are sent
in a repeating sequence, one each second, so if you have 'n' turnpoints
in the active task, the sequence takes n+1 seconds to be sent.

I researched this some time ago when I wanted to understand why my SDI C4
wouldn't calculate wind unless the GPS it was attached to, a Garmin GPS
II+ at that stage, had at least one active waypoint. I ended up with the
Garmin plugged onto a PC and displaying each sentence as it arrived so I
could work out what was going on.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

LXNAV V7 - Reviews? David Reitter Soaring 10 October 21st 14 12:41 AM
New LXNAV LX9000 Overview Video Paul Remde Soaring 0 April 21st 12 01:33 AM
LXNAV V7 Paul Remde Soaring 2 November 2nd 11 01:31 AM
LXNAV Nano and LX 9000 Overview Videos Available Paul Remde Soaring 3 February 28th 11 02:58 PM
HELP! Need offical Blanik L-13 Canopy Strap John Scott Soaring 4 March 3rd 08 06:03 AM