Pickens County Airport Appreciation Day (JZP)

Old June 15th 06, 10:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Default Pickens County Airport Appreciation Day (JZP)

The Front Porch Gang would like to invite you to the Pickens County Airport
Appreciation Day to be held July 4, 2006, Jasper, Ga. Vintage Flights will
offer rides in a stock 1941 Stearman and a North American AT-6 Texan. Jim
Archer of Archer Air will offer rides to the public his Cessna 172. There
will several helicopter displays including Life Flight and Air Animal
Rescue. A "Just For Kids" Tent will be on site filled with free aviation
goodies for the first 100 kids under 12. Chicks Fly will be on site as well
as several other aviation vendors. Admission is free and concessions are
available on the field. The Pickens County Airport identifier is JZP, and it
is located just off GA Hwy 515 at Camp Rd and Salem Church Rd in Jasper
(near the red Bargain Barn). For more information contact the airport at
706/253-8830 or email .

Thanks,
Deb

--
1946 Luscombe 8A (his)
1948 Luscombe 8E (hers)

Old June 15th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

This sounds just too cool for words! It's reading about events like this
that make me wish that I didn't live in the city of San Francisco. Although
my home airport in San Jose (Reid-Hillview) is just a 'stone's throw' by
plane to any number of rural areas, I really hope to visit an 'airport
appreciation day' in an area like yours. Sounds very homey and warm!

Take care and thanks for the post!

=-----
Good Flights!

Cecil E. Chapman
CP-ASEL-IA

Student - C.F.I.

Check out my personal flying adventures from my first flight to the
checkride AND the continuing adventures beyond!
Complete with pictures and text at: www.bayareapilot.com

- Antoine de Saint-Exupery -

"We who fly, do so for the love of flying. We are alive in the air with
this miracle that lies in our hands and beneath our feet"
- Cecil Day Lewis -
"Deborah McFarland" wrote in message
The Front Porch Gang would like to invite you to the Pickens County
Airport Appreciation Day to be held July 4, 2006, Jasper, Ga. Vintage
Flights will offer rides in a stock 1941 Stearman and a North American
AT-6 Texan. Jim Archer of Archer Air will offer rides to the public his
Cessna 172. There will several helicopter displays including Life Flight
and Air Animal Rescue. A "Just For Kids" Tent will be on site filled with
free aviation goodies for the first 100 kids under 12. Chicks Fly will be
on site as well as several other aviation vendors. Admission is free and
concessions are available on the field. The Pickens County Airport
identifier is JZP, and it is located just off GA Hwy 515 at Camp Rd and
Salem Church Rd in Jasper (near the red Bargain Barn). For more
information contact the airport at 706/253-8830 or email
.

Thanks,
Deb

Old June 15th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Cecil Chapman wrote:
This sounds just too cool for words! It's reading about events like this
that make me wish that I didn't live in the city of San Francisco. Although
my home airport in San Jose (Reid-Hillview) is just a 'stone's throw' by
plane to any number of rural areas, I really hope to visit an 'airport
appreciation day' in an area like yours. Sounds very homey and warm!

Take care and thanks for the post!

That goes for me, too (the part about attending some day). I used to read
Deborah's articles in Southern Aviator, back when it was a real newspaper, and
I'd really enjoy being able to meet Deborah, Old Man, and their airplanes.

Keep reminding us, Deb, I'm going to get there some day.

Dave
Old June 19th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

Dave Butler wrote:
Cecil Chapman wrote:
This sounds just too cool for words! It's reading about events like this
that make me wish that I didn't live in the city of San Francisco. Although
my home airport in San Jose (Reid-Hillview) is just a 'stone's throw' by
plane to any number of rural areas, I really hope to visit an 'airport
appreciation day' in an area like yours. Sounds very homey and warm!

Take care and thanks for the post!

That goes for me, too (the part about attending some day). I used to read
Deborah's articles in Southern Aviator, back when it was a real newspaper, and
I'd really enjoy being able to meet Deborah, Old Man, and their airplanes.

Keep reminding us, Deb, I'm going to get there some day.

Dave

I've met her when she was at 0A7 Hendersonville to speechify at the WNC
Air Museum. She's a character and a half.

I like Pickens County Airport too, but not so much because I've seen
hers. It's Pickens County Airport, Pickens, SC where the whole place
is full of excellent wonderful people and a great place to fly in, chat
with the locals, and buy avgas.

And, boys were they ever nice when we had an airplane down there with a
pranged landing gear.

So if her Pickens is as nice as SC's Pickens, it's got to be a little
slice o' heaven.

Old June 21st 06, 08:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student

"jls" wrote So if her Pickens is as nice as SC's
Pickens, it's got to be a little
slice o' heaven.

Your Pickens County Airport is very nice indeed. We've stopped there several
times and enjoyed some very nice airport moments!

Thanks,
Deb