I give up, after many, many years!

Old May 28th 08, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default I give up, after many, many years!

On May 27, 8:31 pm, Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote :

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:
I don;t have to show anything.

Is there some sort of prize awarded when one gets a person to respond
with that sentence? Anybody know?

Of course.

Oh, yeah, the lame attempt at froup snipping...

I wouldn't.

You give yourself good advice. Eliding groups from the Newsgroups
header isn't right for everyone - ask your doctor if it's right for
you.

Moi? I never snip froups.

As to the "literal" thing. someone who jumps into a shark's mouth is not
wht you might call a figurative fjukkwit.

Bertie

But he is dead meat, speaking metaphorically and ex cathedra from my
bellybutton.
Old May 28th 08, 03:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On May 28, 6:10 am, Gezellig wrote:
On Tue, 27 May 2008 22:49:51 -0500, Kevin Horner wrote:
While I do not have any licenses in aviation, or formal training in
aerodynamics, I do know calculus, Newtonian physics, and theory of
gases, ...and the explanation simply did not make sense to me, not
even as a shallow-but-still-theoretically-truthful answer.

So is that supposed to make you especially qualified to know what the
truth is? Are you the only person on the planet who knows calculus,
Newtonian physics and the theory of gases?

Yeah, that's what he said, right?

Figuratively perhaps, but not literally, virtually speaking.

Old May 28th 08, 03:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On May 24, 2:46 pm, Buster Hymen wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote :

terry writes:

Interesting. As a PhD in chemistry myself I would estimate the
knowledge gap with someone with no special knowledge of chemistry to
be about 1000 feet. As a pilot , PPL only, I estimate the knowledge
gap between me and an average non pilot to be about 5000 feet. Now ,
I am not an ATP but I do know a couple, and one of them even talks to
me, as long there are no other ATPs around, and I estimate a gap of
at least 35000 feet between them and me. That would put the gap
between an ATP and an average non pilot at 40000 feet, so looks like
you are wrong again Maxie.

Your logic is flawed. You've expressed an obvious opinion, and then
misconstrued it as fact.

You're the one that's flawed, Anthony. You lack the mental capacity to
understand what the OP said and, like a moron, assume it's flawed.

Anthony, you don't know **** from shinola.

Is that literal or figurative ****?

And what is shinola? And why would anyone know this anymore anyway?
Old May 28th 08, 05:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Le Chaud Lapin

On May 27, 10:49*pm, Kevin Horner wrote:
On May 27, 5:16 pm, Le Chaud Lapin wrote:

I am a student pilot who took ground school last year, and while
reading Jeppensen's Private Pilot textbook, found some minor
untruths. *I went to the web to do more study, and was skeptical of
the backwash-causes-lift theory.

And what did you finally conclude?

No conclusion was made. We never got deep into a discussion.

While I do not have any licenses in aviation, or formal training in
aerodynamics, I do know calculus, Newtonian physics, and theory of
gases, ...and the explanation simply did not make sense to me, not
even as a shallow-but-still-theoretically-truthful answer.

So is that supposed to make you especially qualified to know what the
truth is? Are you the only person on the planet who knows calculus,
Newtonian physics and the theory of gases?

No.

But as I stated, while I was not sure that I was right, the others
were sure that I was wrong.

You can
read the thread to see the type of responses I got. *Many of the rude
pilots. Others came from pilots who vacillated between being
thoughtful and being rude, and the remaining came from those
interrupted the thoughtful responses because they felt that being rude
was most prudent for all.

Welcome to the Internet. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the
kitchen.

Sorry cannot.

I believe that, eventually, this group could be a forum for genuine
discussion about thinks like backwash and lift.

-Le Chaud Lapin-
Old May 28th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Kloudy via AviationKB.com

terry wrote:

I told him to **** off , I aint having no labotomy.
Terry
PhD Chemistry
( he's still the boss :) )

heeh hee thats kinds cute.

Chemist...

LABotomy...

thats kinda like a neurosurgeon "ain't havin' no lobotomy"

subtle, nice.

Old May 28th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

Kevin Horner writes:

Are you the only person on the planet who knows calculus,
Newtonian physics and the theory of gases?

No, but that's far more than most private pilots know.
Old May 28th 08, 05:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Kevin Horner writes:

Are you the only person on the planet who knows calculus,
Newtonian physics and the theory of gases?

No, but that's far more than most private pilots know.

I'm curious to know how you have determined what 'most private pilots know'.

I suspect you don't even know a significant sample.

Old May 28th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Foley

"terry" wrote in message

I told him to **** off , I aint having no labotomy.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than a frontal labotomy."
-- Tom Waits

Old May 28th 08, 05:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mxsmanic

gatt writes:

I have tried repeatedly to answer
MX evenly an accurately, only to have him tell me that I'm wrong ...

If someone is indeed wrong, why is it a bad thing to tell him that?

The difference between he and I, though, is that I've invested thousands
of dollars and countless hours learning the art and science of aviation,
proving myself to instructors and examiners, and earning the experience
in my logbook.

No matter what a person has invested, that does not guarantee that he is
right, and he must still be willing to accept it when he is wrong.

For me, aviation is a discussion, not a struggle amongst egos.
Old May 28th 08, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jon

On May 28, 12:44 pm, "Steve Foley" wrote:
"Mxsmanic" wrote in message

Kevin Horner writes:

Are you the only person on the planet who knows calculus,
Newtonian physics and the theory of gases?

No, but that's far more than most private pilots know.

I'm curious to know how you have determined what 'most private pilots know'.

His only goal was to demonstrate that 'most' private pilots don't
know. That allows the chasm to be reduced to a mere 'gap'

I'd guess the method used was to employ the theory of gases. After
all, everyone's got one, but his doesn't stink :P

I suspect you don't even know a significant sample.

It's only significant when he posts it... from upon high...

DC-3 parts to give away Robert Little Restoration 2 November 23rd 06 03:30 AM
Who can give a checkout? Mark S Conway General Aviation 2 May 9th 05 12:15 AM
Winch give-away KP Soaring 6 January 11th 05 08:04 PM
Did you ever give up on an IR? No Such User Piloting 24 November 26th 03 02:45 PM
FS 2004 give away Ozzie M Simulators 0 November 23rd 03 03:50 PM