Another E glider concept

Old September 3rd 20, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default Pitot leak?

The Mike Borgelt airline repair document that Mark mentions is good.

Another good one is by Lee Kuhlke (with pictures) in the July 2005 issue of Soaring magazine. If you can't find that issue a link to a copy of the article is in my presentation on the whole airline topic at http://aviation.derosaweb.net/presentations/#airlines.

Best of luck!

John
Old September 8th 20, 08:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kilo 58

Default Ka6e for Tall Pilots

Some time ago, I read about a Dutch Ka6e that had been modified
for tall pilots. I am 6 foot 5 inches (197 cm) tall. I can’t find the
article to follow-up on what modifications were done and what
height Pilot could be accommodated. If anyone knows about this,
I would be grateful for a few hints.

Old September 9th 20, 02:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I would be grateful for a few hints.

Sawzall. Tourniquet. Cauterization.

Note: Start at the lower end.

Old September 9th 20, 02:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Opitz

At 19:21 08 September 2020, Kilo 58 wrote:
Some time ago, I read about a Dutch Ka6e that had been modified
for tall pilots. I am 6 foot 5 inches (197 cm) tall. I can’t find the

article to follow-up on what modifications were done and what
height Pilot could be accommodated. If anyone knows about this,
I would be grateful for a few hints

We had a Ka.6E when I was young. To fit my 6'2" frame into it, we
made a new instrument panel with high leg cut-outs and extended
the center part down to the floor to make it a pedestal (to
accommodate the now displaced instruments). Then, the seat back
was removed and we found a parachute rigger who packed our chute
in a triangular wedge shape that sat on top of the wheel well. With
those modifications, I barely fit. I don't know if if one can squeeze
enough more from that to fit someone who is 6'5" though.

RO

Old September 9th 20, 01:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

Schleicher has TN16 which details mods for taller pilots. The Dutch
mod was extensive rebuild of the front fuselage, basically 10 cm
longer nose from main bulkhead forward. Done through local
approval by GWL.

Old September 9th 20, 07:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Kilo 58[_2_]

I am not quite that desperate.