Another E glider concept

Old September 25th 20, 09:01 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul T[_4_]

Default Why bother with a GP15?

https://youtu.be/vcPCLPyXOYE

Old September 25th 20, 02:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Pat Russell[_2_]

Why are they flying LY registered aircraft in Slovenia?
Old September 25th 20, 03:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

On Friday, 25 September 2020 at 16:46:13 UTC+3, Pat Russell wrote:
Why are they flying LY registered aircraft in Slovenia?

Did you read the video description?
Old September 25th 20, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

On 9/25/20 2:01 AM, Paul T wrote:
https://youtu.be/vcPCLPyXOYE

Notice how much the tail is bouncing even on a golf course quality grass
runway? One good bounce and goodbye prop and motor.
Old October 9th 20, 03:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Adrian Morgan

Default LX5000/Flarm Red box

I have an LX 5000, which I want to interface with a Red Box Flarm.

The LX has four ports (five including the vario display connection)
labelled:

1. Power (wired to battery main switch)
2. Hold (wired to flip switch. No idea what it does!)
3. DataComm (a previous owner had "hot wired" two of its leads into a
Garmin LX12 cable. No Garmin now fitted)
4. Meter ( RJ 12 6 pin phone type port. Not connected.)

The LX presumably has a built in GPS, but needs an aerial.

The LX is not finding a GPS fix, as there is no aerial. I assume the
Garmin
had been used to give the LX data via the DataComm hot wires.

Now, with no Garmin, I assume the Flarm GPS aerial could do the job.

Question, how to wire it all up. Must be simple for anyone other than an
electronic imbecile like myself.

Old October 9th 20, 03:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Why are so many topics getting threaded under "Another E glider
concept"? Happens both on my newsreader, as well as when just viewing
R.A.S. on Google.

Old October 9th 20, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
B BRIONES

On Friday, October 9, 2020 at 7:55:04 AM UTC-7, kinsell wrote:
[...]

here's another Not an e-glider but a fossil burning, screaming jet engine, glider looking but short winged--

https://www.desertaerospace.com/extreme-light-jet--xlj-
Old October 10th 20, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

here's another Not an e-glider but a fossil burning, screaming jet engine, glider looking but short winged--

https://www.desertaerospace.com/extreme-light-jet--xlj-

That was an early concept for a personal jet airplane modelled on a glider type fuselage with a wing designed for the flight characteristics envisioned. It was to use a PBS TJ-100 engine like the one Bob was using on his airshow Salto glider (www.vertigoairshows.com) and the two-seat retractable engine TsT-14 BonusJet glider (as well as the four jet powered Arcuses built by Desert Aerospace.)

The design was superseded by the jet powered SubSonex from Sonex Aircraft. About a dozen or more are flying today, with probably 20 more kits in progress. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonex_Aircraft_SubSonex

The XLJ (Extreme Light Jet) concept may be revisited in the future by Desert Aerospace if time permits.

Old October 10th 20, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
B BRIONES

On Friday, October 9, 2020 at 7:32:42 PM UTC-7, wrote:
[...]

The XLJ (Extreme Light Jet) really looks good though--
Old October 10th 20, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G

On Friday, October 9, 2020 at 10:40:20 AM UTC-7, B BRIONES wrote:
[...]

That doesn't even rise to the level of a concept - more like wishful thinking.

Tom