A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Dittel DSG-71M Stopped Working -10C

Old October 10th 20, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
George Haeh
external usenet poster

Default Dittel DSG-71M Stopped Working -10C

I was having a lovely wave flight at 20,000, temperature -10C (in Cowley wave airspace) and called ATC for a further clearance. No response and didn't hear any other transmissions. Tried an AWOS freq and heard nothing. Stayed within wave airspace and descended while seeking sunshine to warm up. Some considerable time later at lower altitude and warmer temperatures, I began hearing other gliders and they could hear me.

There was minimal condensation inside canopy. Perhaps some inside radio? Or something else?
Old October 10th 20, 04:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
2G
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 9, 2020 at 7:43:28 PM UTC-7, George Haeh wrote:
I was having a lovely wave flight at 20,000, temperature -10C (in Cowley wave airspace) and called ATC for a further clearance. No response and didn't hear any other transmissions. Tried an AWOS freq and heard nothing. Stayed within wave airspace and descended while seeking sunshine to warm up. Some considerable time later at lower altitude and warmer temperatures, I began hearing other gliders and they could hear me.

There was minimal condensation inside canopy. Perhaps some inside radio? Or something else?

Did you turn off the squelch to see if that might be the problem?
Old October 10th 20, 11:53 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, October 9, 2020 at 10:43:28 PM UTC-4, George Haeh wrote:

Do you monitor your battery voltage?