2021 ChicagoLand Glider Council Seminar - Call for Speakers

Old January 15th 21, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default 2021 ChicagoLand Glider Council Seminar - Call for Speakers

Every two years the ChicagoLand Glider Council hosts a seminar during February. Our seminars are all day Saturday events having 4-5 speakers, includes a luncheon, and makes it a great wintertime social gathering for glider pilots here in the Midwest. The speeches are divided between soaring safety, competition, technology, and general aviation interest. Information about prior seminars is at http://chicagolandglidercouncil.com/seminar.

Unfortunately, for the first time in 14 years we will be forced to make this event a virtual social gathering due to Covid-19. But out of this adversity comes an opportunity to open the doors to invite a wider range of participants and speakers. And this seminar will be FREE to all that want to join, sponsored by the Chicagoland Glider Council's membership.

We plan to have four speakers during the day, possibly more depending on the length of each presentation. Time slots are usually 1 to 1-1/2 hours long including Q&A. There will be breaks between presentations and at lunchtime. The tentative date for this virtual seminar is February 27, 2021.

I'd like to ask your input on who you feel might be a good presenter. Have you seen lately a soaring webinar that you enjoyed? Were you at the SSA convention and were impressed by someone's talk? Or do you have a presentation of your own, old or new, that you think would be instructive?

Please contact me directly with any good ideas at jhderosa at yahoo.com. The deadline to find a slate of speakers is February 12th, 2021.

Thank you and hope to "virtually" see you there.

- John DeRosa (OHM Ω)
Seminar Chairman, Chicagoland Glider Council
Old February 2nd 21, 06:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

The Council has received a few offers of speakers for this upcoming day-long virtual Seminar on February 27, 2021. Thank you!

Are there others out there that would like to be considered as a speaker? Please let me know ASAP. The Seminar's deadline for accepting speakers is February 16th.

No registration to this event is necessary. The link to the virtual meeting will be posted here and via the Chicagoland Glider Council's Google group at a later date.

Thank you,