Dust cover choices

Old September 19th 20, 04:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Dust cover choices

I am looking for dust covers. My 15 m glider spends all of its off-duty hours in my hangar, but since this is New Mexico (i.e., a desert) it collects dust and I would like to keep it covered, especially over the winter when I do not fly as much. Jaxida and Cloud Dancers offer dust covers, but the $500 to $1,000 cost seems high, and that's not including the $200 shipping charge. Are there any alternatives? I searched for Kerry Covers, but there is little info on their website, and I couldn't find any prices.

My sewing skills are nonexistent, and I do not have the equipment anyway. If I do decide on a do it yourself solution, what fabric should I choose? I've been thinking breathable, waterproof ripstop nylon.
Old September 19th 20, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard Pfiffner[_2_]

http://www.craggyaero.com/CloudDancers.htm
Old September 19th 20, 08:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_2_]

On Saturday, 19 September 2020 at 16:37:12 UTC+1, Richard Pfiffner wrote:
On Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 8:14:33 AM UTC-7, wrote:
I am looking for dust covers. My 15 m glider spends all of its off-duty hours in my hangar, but since this is New Mexico (i.e., a desert) it collects dust and I would like to keep it covered, especially over the winter when I do not fly as much. Jaxida and Cloud Dancers offer dust covers, but the $500 to $1,000 cost seems high, and that's not including the $200 shipping charge. Are there any alternatives? I searched for Kerry Covers, but there is little info on their website, and I couldn't find any prices.

My sewing skills are nonexistent, and I do not have the equipment anyway. If I do decide on a do it yourself solution, what fabric should I choose? I've been thinking breathable, waterproof ripstop nylon.

http://www.craggyaero.com/CloudDancers.htm

I have outdoor CloudDancers but for hangar dust covers I use Glider Pyjamas which are very keenly priced, well made and fit my glider perfectly.

http://www.glidinglabs.eu/portfolio/gliderpyjamas/
Old September 20th 20, 07:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 8:30:17 PM UTC+1, wrote:
[...]

I recently bought a set of outdoor covers from Kerry direct from their home office in China. Lewis is the contact person and he will give you a quote - contact info is on their website. I paid by wire transfer and the new wing covers were sent via FedEx within ten days. The fit is perfect and they are of decent quality. Perhaps not as good as Jaxida, but one quarter the price and great value.

Mike
Old September 20th 20, 10:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Daryl Burton

I’ll second the Kerry covers recommendation. Bought a set for our D2 and
they arrived quickly, fit well, are decently made and are fine for
occasional outdoor use on expeditions as well as their main use as dust
covers inside the hangar.

Daryl

:
On Saturday, 19 September 2020 at 16:37:12 UTC+1, Richard Pfiffner

wrote:=
=20
On Saturday, September 19, 2020 at 8:14:33 AM UTC-7,

=
wrote:=20
I am looking for dust covers. My 15 m glider spends all of its

off-du=
ty hours in my hangar, but since this is New Mexico (i.e., a desert) it
col=
lects dust and I would like to keep it covered, especially over the

winter
=
when I do not fly as much. Jaxida and Cloud Dancers offer dust covers,

but
=
the $500 to $1,000 cost seems high, and that's not including the $200
shipp=
ing charge. Are there any alternatives? I searched for Kerry Covers, but
th=
ere is little info on their website, and I couldn't find any prices.=20
=20
My sewing skills are nonexistent, and I do not have the equipment

any=
way. If I do decide on a do it yourself solution, what fabric should I
choo=
se? I've been thinking breathable, waterproof ripstop nylon.=20
http://www.craggyaero.com/CloudDancers.htm

I have outdoor CloudDancers but for hangar dust covers I use Glider

Pyjam=
as which are very keenly priced, well made and fit my glider

perfectly.=20
=20

Old September 25th 20, 09:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Gibbons[_2_]

On Sun, 20 Sep 2020 09:50:40 +0000, Daryl Burton
wrote:

I’ll second the Kerry covers recommendation. Bought a set for our D2 and
they arrived quickly, fit well, are decently made and are fine for
occasional outdoor use on expeditions as well as their main use as dust
covers inside the hangar.

A 3rd for Kerry covers. Been using mine on a Ventus cT for the past 4
years. I was not comfortable sending funds to China so I ordered mine
through Dave Springford at FoxOne.
http://www.foxonecorp.com/index.php/.../glider-covers

Several others at TSA have done the same.

Bob

Choices Jim Culp Soaring 6 March 20th 06 03:54 PM
Choices Jim Culp Soaring 0 February 19th 06 05:12 AM
engine choices Tater Schuld Home Built 10 January 31st 06 07:47 PM
Choices... Brinks Owning 7 September 30th 04 02:43 AM
GPS Choices Sully Piloting 20 December 3rd 03 03:20 AM