What have we learned from all this?

Old October 13th 20, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neal Alders

Default What have we learned from all this?

I have been treated with dexamethasone on 5 occasions for asthma and bronchitis related illness when I was much younger. Was never given supplementary O2 or on a ventilator when being treated with this drug.

This drug is cheap and very commonly used for many issues. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative.
Old October 13th 20, 03:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Neal Alders

President Trump had many public events and rallies. All for over 6 months without contracting the virus. All without the masks that are SUPPOSED TO WORK. If Masks work, why cant we have rallies etc?

Also, I find it odd that many are accusing him of hosting a super spreader event, when he probably contracted it before or during the debate prep.

When he was surrounded by Democrats.

But the media didn't label the riots and "peaceful protests" turned arsonists, super spreader events.

But I digress...
Old October 13th 20, 07:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 at 03:16:45 UTC+1, wrote:
I have been treated with dexamethasone on 5 occasions for asthma and bronchitis related illness when I was much younger. Was never given supplementary O2 or on a ventilator when being treated with this drug.

This drug is cheap and very commonly used for many issues. Sorry that doesn't fit your narrative.

It's not my narrative, as I'm not a doctor.

The links I gave are about research and conclusions and recommendations from all around the world, including about usage of dexamethasone with Covid, which clearly the same thing as asthma.

Some of these treatments are about suppressing the body's immune system overreacting at the wrong time, so they might not be quite as useful if deployed at other times, such as before it does so.

But of course that's just boring detail for people who want a simplistic solution in a minute or two, and can't be arsed to read a bit further.

Old October 13th 20, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 at 03:20:50 UTC+1, wrote:
President Trump had many public events and rallies. All for over 6 months without contracting the virus. All without the masks that are SUPPOSED TO WORK. If Masks work, why cant we have rallies etc?

Also, I find it odd that many are accusing him of hosting a super spreader event, when he probably contracted it before or during the debate prep.

When he was surrounded by Democrats.

But the media didn't label the riots and "peaceful protests" turned arsonists, super spreader events.

But I digress...

Apparently you do.

Several reports a week or so ago have 34 or more people from the White House or among senior Republicans with the virus.

Not many Democrats in either group
Old October 13th 20, 09:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, October 13, 2020 at 3:13:00 PM UTC-4, andy l wrote:
On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 at 03:20:50 UTC+1, wrote:
President Trump had many public events and rallies. All for over 6 months without contracting the virus. All without the masks that are SUPPOSED TO WORK. If Masks work, why cant we have rallies etc?

Also, I find it odd that many are accusing him of hosting a super spreader event, when he probably contracted it before or during the debate prep.

When he was surrounded by Democrats.

But the media didn't label the riots and "peaceful protests" turned arsonists, super spreader events.

But I digress...

Apparently you do.

Several reports a week or so ago have 34 or more people from the White House or among senior Republicans with the virus.

Not many Democrats in either group

Well, I guess I have heard it all, as Andy stated, COVID does not attack Democrats. So, does COVID attack Libertarians ? I will go out on a limb and suggest that Republicans fly gliders better than Democrats.
Old October 13th 20, 10:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

So, does COVID attack Libertarians ?

Can confirm.
T8

Old October 13th 20, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

On Tuesday, 13 October 2020 at 21:43:07 UTC+1, wrote:
[...]

We've heard plenty, but it seems there's more for people to invent

I said nothing of the sort.

I was replying to what seemed a rather paranoid suggestion that Democrats might have surrounded and deliberately infected Trump.

Even if they had, they wouldn't also have been inside the White House infecting the housekeeping staff, the press liaison staff, the security staff

Old October 14th 20, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter F[_2_]

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Europeans fly gliders better than
Americans

:-)

Old October 14th 20, 03:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

I wouldn't doubt that statement.Â* Given your airspace restrictions,
regulations, etc., I would think you have to work harder than we do in
our wide open spaces with fewer regulations.Â* Hard work brings skill.

--
Dan, 5J
Old October 14th 20, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I'll go out on a limb and suggest that Europeans fly gliders better than
Americans

Well, I will certainly suggest that the Europeans (especially Italians) cook better than we do. Except for Barbecue.