Good Soaring weather in Australia right now

Old January 12th 21, 03:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nicholas Kennedy

Default Good Soaring weather in Australia right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?fbclid...ature=youtu.be

Here is a HG Vid flying out of Corryong Au. Starting at about the 3 minute mark look at those blue skies and awesome Cu.
A far cry from -6f this am in Telluride.
I flew in the Corryong HG Contest in 1987, can't believe its been 34 years!!
This Clip also really shows how it is to pilot a modern Hang Glider XC.
Nick
Old January 12th 21, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mark Mocho

I flew in the Corryong HG Contest in 1987, can't believe its been 34 years!!
This Clip also really shows how it is to pilot a modern Hang Glider XC.
Nick

1987 was the HG Pre-World's. I was there too. Nick- did you get harassed by the resident Wedgetail Eagle at Mt. Elliott? I saw the damn thing pulling batten bungees off other gliders in flight. Got some great photos when he came close to me.
Old January 13th 21, 06:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Johnson

This Clip also really shows how it is to pilot a modern Hang Glider XC.

Dang, that video really make me miss XC HG! Starting all over in gliders now - and I love it. But there's something about working lift in a HG that just can't be matched.

JJ