New layout for OLC?

Old March 21st 18, 01:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

Default New layout for OLC?

Nope - don't like it. Not one bit.

Not an improvement at all. In 2.0 I can see 19 flights on my screen, in 3.0 I can see 2 flights without scrolling.

Don't like it. Not one bit.

Old March 21st 18, 02:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

It's that damned metric system, I tell yeh...

:-P

--
Dan, 5J
Old March 22nd 18, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Google still available when logged in under "Advanced". But, it is set up for east-west flights. Map is 4-5 times wider than it is tall.

Dave, I can see more flights than you without scrolling. May be some other setting? Not seeing the value of listing the club below the pilot's name and doubling the vertical space required for each flight entry.

The glider isn't pointing the way the glider is flying. Look at some of the straight out flights Tony did. Closest I can zoom in and see the entire length of the flight, I have both coasts visible in the Advanced Google Map view. (May 4, 2017).

Steve Leonard
Old March 22nd 18, 10:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

I'm using Firefox when I see 2 or 3 flights on the page. I tried with IE and can see 5 flights, but still no where near what was visible in the 2.0 layout.

Still don't like it - not one bit.
Old March 22nd 18, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 2:05:00 PM UTC-7, Dave Springford wrote:
Still don't like it - not one bit.

Needs some options to provide one line per flight and then maybe a compact option to show even more per page. Currently, the two lines of text per pilot really take up 3 lines as measured vertically. It's "pretty" and "clean", but I hate that most vendors choose to do this than present more information per page.

It is nice that one can now click on the club from the main page.

Also on the mobile version it only shows points for the flight, I'm more interested in km flown and triangle km. Would be nice to choose what's displayed on the smaller mobile screen.

They do provide an email address for comments and corrections on the new site: smartOLC at onlinecontest.org

5Z
Old March 23rd 18, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 5:40:42 PM UTC-4, wrote:
They do provide an email address for comments and corrections on the new site: smartOLC at onlinecontest.org

I hope they read this group too? That would get them multiple feedback items in one place. Would be nice if somebody "there" would say so here.
Old March 23rd 18, 02:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

well the cynic in me would say that this is a US Centric group and the OLC has pretty demonstrably not cared about the US. So I'd be pleasantly surprised if they read RAS or cared about our feedback.
Old March 23rd 18, 05:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy[_2_]

Unfortunately most vendors avoid public forums like fire. They know that once they respond they will get more feedback, questions and complains than they can handle... it is much more effective to email them directly.

Ramy

Old March 23rd 18, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Waveguru

I just tried to donate to OLC and along with the regular CC info, they wanted most of my SSN and the card PIN number. Really? You want my SSN and PIN? I’ve never been asked for that to make any purchase before. Pass....

Boggs
Old March 23rd 18, 04:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster[_2_]

On Friday, March 23, 2018 at 10:01:47 AM UTC-5, Waveguru wrote:
I just tried to donate to OLC and along with the regular CC info, they wanted most of my SSN and the card PIN number. Really? You want my SSN and PIN? I’ve never been asked for that to make any purchase before. Pass...

Boggs

You must deal in mostly cash, perhaps? E.g., SSA membership renewal requests the sec code.