Las Vegas Flying Lessons

Old February 15th 04, 09:54 AM
Janusaew

Default Las Vegas Flying Lessons

Can anyone recommend a Las Vegas airfield/flight school?
I'm visiting the area next month and would like to take some
lessons, I only have 5 hours so far.

Thanks

JW
Old February 15th 04, 02:32 PM
Thomas Borchert

Janusaew,

www.westairaviation.com - at North Las Vegas.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old February 22nd 04, 01:02 AM
Al Gilson

We just came back from Las Vegas. We rented a 172 from First Flight at
VGT. All of their 172's are newer and more expensive ($104/hr hobbs) than
Westair but very clean and well kept. Senior instructor at First Flight,
Mark Torgeson, was our checkout pilot.

In article ,
(Janusaew) wrote:

Can anyone recommend a Las Vegas airfield/flight school?
I'm visiting the area next month and would like to take some
lessons, I only have 5 hours so far.

Thanks

JW

--
Al Gilson
Spokane, WA USA
1970 VW Convertible
1964 Cessna Skyhawk
Old February 22nd 04, 02:42 AM
BTIZ

Al.. West Air has the full selection from older C-172s in painted in
"company colors" for day to day training,.. to newer C-172s on lease back in
standard Cessna colors... you just did not look deep enough.

BT

Old February 23rd 04, 01:23 AM
Al Gilson

I saw the WestAir planes at VGT. I had looked on their website and only
saw the older "R" models on the rental page. I didn't discover WestAir
until after I had made my arrangements so I just kept the deal at First
Flight.

What kind of a checkout do they do at WestAir?

Old February 23rd 04, 02:20 AM
BTIZ

What kind of a checkout do they do at WestAir?

Through....

you can expect the same that any other Flight School "should" be doing..

First Flight has changed hands twice in the last 3 years..

West Air has been with the same for at least 8 years.

glad you enjoyed your trip to Las Vegas and the flying.. come on back..

BT